Player you are most proud of your team for developing?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
MSL is obvious.

Currently playing? I think turning Palat from an overage, 7th round pick into arguably the best two-way winger in the game is pretty damn impressive.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Boyle and Stralman were on their last legs in the NHL before coming to NY and Torts.

Boyle was so good his last few years for us and when he signed with Tampa, but man if you saw this guy when the Rangers first traded for him... he was an uncoordinated goof that could barely skate.

Reactions: The Pale King

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Datsyuk
Lidstrom
Zetterberg
Kronwall
Howard
Yzerman
Larkin
Fedorov
Kozlov
konstantinov
Holmstrom

I think Red Wings had the most home-team drafted players to win cups. I could be wrong tho...
That's something I am proud of. (I know I listed some that havn't won a cup with DRWs yet, still players to be proud of)

Reactions: Johnnybegood13

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Hoffman and Stone are 1st liners drafted in the 5th and 6th round respectively.

Dzingel is a pretty good player drafted in the 7th round.

Recency wise I choose them.

Reactions: SenzZen

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
Jon Quick. There was a lot of buzz heading into 10-11 that Bernier was going to take over the starting spot after a kinda rough baptism at the hands of the Canucks in the playoffs the previous spring. Quick started 60+ games the next year, faltered a bit in the playoffs again (certainly a better showing though for the Kopitar-less against the Sharks) but they stuck with him heading into 2011-2012, which has to be one of the best combined regular season/playoff campaigns by a goalie in NHL history. He also played all through the Kings system, and they didn't let him stagnate anywhere too long, while also keeping him sheltered enough early (platooning with Ersberg and Labarbarra etc.)

Vachon made the Hall on account of his years in LA, but he came out of a goalie factory in mid-late 60s Montreal. Quick was a 3rd round draft pick for a franchise that was a goalie graveyard at that point in time (seven different goalies started at least one game for the Kings in Quick's first season). Jamie Storr he ain't.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Oh, and Hedman. Took him awhile, but he became exactly what he was projected to be.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Currently:
Mark Giordano
Mikael Backlund
TJ Brodie
Micheal Ferland
Mark Jankowski
Johnny Gaudreau
Brett Kulak
Sean Monahan

Soon:
Sam Bennett
Oliver Kylington
Andrew Mangiapane
Emile Poirier
Rasmus Andersson

Pretty much all our worst players are the UFAs and trade acquisitions.

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
Hoffman and Stone. Drafted in the 5th/6th rounds in 09/10 respectively. Four years ago they were in Bingo and black aces during the playoffs. Now they are two of our core players.

Special shoutouts to Kyle Turris, who went from 'reclamation project' to one of our most well-rounded players and one of the team's leaders. :cry:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Darnell Nurse

From his rookie year to now is remarkable.

bluecharlton

Mar 26, 2016
For the Flames:
1. Johnny Gaudreau - Despite being small, Flames always had faith he would become a great player. Johnny is one of the many players leading the way for smaller skilled players being taken more seriously.
2. Mark Giordano - What can be said... undrafted, team captain, heart and soul of our team.
3. Michael Backlund - He has developed into a good player for us and it didn't always look like he would.

Reactions: Johnnybegood13

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Right now, Ondrej Kase.

Before that Lindholm considering no one knew about him and due to where he was drafted.

I'd say Kase or Manson. Kase is just fun to watch, but it's just satisfying watching Manson crush players or drop the gloves against someone that takes out a teammate.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Can't think of anyone more recent than Pominville tbh. Player development has been a disaster for the Sabres.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Recently I'd say Horvat. Initially our board overwhelmingly felt that Nichushkin was the correct pick. Horvat has taken huge steps every year including much improved skating and acceleration.
Tanev (undrafted) and soon hopefully Poulliot on defense but probably too soon to say.
Others historically include stonehands Kesler scoring 40 goals and winning a Selke and the Sedins.

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
Tough call. Probably Giroux.

Theres a lot of hype around Provorov but he is far from having his development completed.

The Flyers have had a terrible record of trading away prospects and talent so only time will change that

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Stralman was waiver garbage, came to the Rangers, and turned into a star. I feel pretty good about that.

Jesper Fast also comes to mind. Sixth round pick not thought of as particularly skilled that we molded into an effective player in multiple facets of the game.

We've really stuck with Kreider despite people giving him a lot of ****, and honestly, those people are nuts. Kreider has exceeded draft expectations. He was never a PPG in college and was a .5 PPG in the AHL. He's since turned into a bonafide first line wing at the highest level.

McDonagh wasn't supposed to be elite.

Also happy with how Stepan, Hagelin, Zuccarello, and Buchnevich turned out. Even Kevin Hayes has made clear improvements this year.

I think some of our signings and a lot of our drafting is open for criticisms, but the Rangers' development is top notch and kept us competitive.

good thing mcdonagh isn't elite...

but Fast is definitely a gem and rangers should be proud of him.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
I'll go with Adam Henrique and Andy Greene for the devils.

Coleman is also looking like a solid player and worked his way up through the AH

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad