Player Salary Cuts is a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
To put it as simple as possible, if the players take a pay cut, they will still be able to, and more than likely will just "sit out" the next season and demand a new contract, or a renegotiation.
I hope that the owners are smart enough to address players 'sitting out' for more money in the new CBA.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Once again people are basing there agruments on a very very small minority of players in the NHL...how many players will do that? 1%?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
mydnyte said:
To put it as simple as possible, if the players take a pay cut, they will still be able to, and more than likely will just "sit out" the next season and demand a new contract, or a renegotiation.
I hope that the owners are smart enough to address players 'sitting out' for more money in the new CBA.

Then they will find themselves playing in Europe

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
mydnyte said:

All player salary cuts will do (in the NHLPA's sytem) will prolong the rapid rate of salary increase that we have seen over the past ten years. All it will take is 3 more years of signing contracts and we will be right back where we started again. If there is no way to stop the idiot owners from spending, they will spend us into oblivion again.

However I do think that the rollback would be a nice addition under a cap, and make the transition into a cap alot easier especially for teams who are over the mark. And of course I think a cap would have to be instituted over a couple years, or else there will be an absolute of teams ditching players and adding players.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
kerrly said:
All player salary cuts will do (in the NHLPA's sytem) will prolong the rapid rate of salary increase that we have seen over the past ten years. All it will take is 3 more years of signing contracts and we will be right back where we started again. If there is no way to stop the idiot owners from spending, they will spend us into oblivion again.

However I do think that the rollback would be a nice addition under a cap, and make the transition into a cap alot easier especially for teams who are over the mark. And of course I think a cap would have to be instituted over a couple years, or else there will be an absolute of teams ditching players and adding players.

You really think the players will accept a cap... and a rollback? Not in this world.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Once again people are basing there arguments on a very very small minority of players in the NHL...how many players will do that? 1%?

How many subsequent contracts are either signed or awarded as a result of the actions of that 1%? Enough to continue the negative domino effect that's going on in the game today.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
Rob Paxon said:
You really think the players will accept a cap... and a rollback? Not in this world.

Fine then, leave the rollback out of it, their salaries will just be reduced anyways. At least with a rollback its a fair cut for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad