Player ratings for 2006-07

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Gents,

Given that free agency is upon us, I'm sure everyone's interested in having some idea as to what the player ratings are going to look like for next season.

In recent years, what the Admin Team has done is borrow a complete set of ratings from another league, and then modify those ratings to bring them in line with the way the HFNHL has rated players in the past. For example, we tend to put less emphasis on the most recent season than other leagues.

For 2006-07, we will be using the ratings compiled by the DVHL (http://www.dvhlsim.com/fhldvhl6/TRANSFER/dvhl07Players.html) as the starting point for our player ratings. While the Admin Team has only started to dream about how these ratings should be modified to fit the HFNHL, we felt it was necessary that the DVHL ratings be shared with the masses so that everyone is bidding for free agents on a level playing field.

Please note that, at this point, I do not feel that it's appropriate that we pick apart the DVHL ratings. Simply put, the ratings are nowhere near final. Once the Admin Team has hypothesized potential modifications, we'll open things up a bit for public discussion. Until then, please regard these ratings only as an aid in formulating your free agency strategy.

Sincerely,

Matt Gledhill
HFNHL Commissioner

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
u guys rock!

So, with these ratings in mind, can we modify our Offers if we have already sent them in?

Matthew
GM FLaMEs

Last edited:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
u guys rock!

So, with these ratings in mind, can we modify our Offers if we have already sent them in?

Matthew
GM FLaMEs

I don't want to speak for Reggie, but I suspect that changes to your submissions could be made up to the last date of submission. Just make sure you're very clear as to what has changed, and if psosible, submit a complete new list incorporating your changes, indicating that it supercedes the list you submitted on (date).

Keep in mind, however, that these are preliminary ratings only, and not in any way a guarantee of good (or bad) ratings for any given player. Also remember that you've got the right to challenge a handful of ratings prior to the season (as long as you can objectively substantiate your challenges!).

In other words, you should probably sign (or not sign) players based on your personal feeling as to whether or not they would be a good fit in the role you envision, rather than based on the ratings you see, which as indicated are subject to change.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
I don't want to speak for Reggie, but I suspect that changes to your submissions could be made up to the last date of submission. Just make sure you're very clear as to what has changed, and if psosible, submit a complete new list incorporating your changes, indicating that it supercedes the list you submitted on (date).

Keep in mind, however, that these are preliminary ratings only, and not in any way a guarantee of good (or bad) ratings for any given player. Also remember that you've got the right to challenge a handful of ratings prior to the season (as long as you can objectively substantiate your challenges!).

In other words, you should probably sign (or not sign) players based on your personal feeling as to whether or not they would be a good fit in the role you envision, rather than based on the ratings you see, which as indicated are subject to change.

Doug makes a good point here... by no means are these anywhere close to being final ratings for next season. In addition to giving these ratings an overhaul as a whole, GMs will have a chance to challenge some ratings even after the general overhaul is completed as Doug mentioned. This is just a basic guide to go by... the admin team has seen these ratings and its only fair to let the rest of the league have a chance to review them as well.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
It is fine to re-submit offers based on these ratings, but as mentoned, don't be disappointed if these ratings change (some of them perhaps substantially).

HFNHL Red Wings

One item to watch out for is the 'PC' rating. The 'PC' ratings appear to have been calculated in a way that is inconsistent with all past ratings files we have used and as such may very well be changed (downwards mainly).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->