Player Jersey Numbers.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
hockeyisgod said:
I know it may seem nit-picky (sp?) but is it possible to change them?

It is both possible and nit-picky. :) Any changes are done manually, by the guy (Drew) who gives up an hour (or more) each night to sim games for us.

In other words, you can probably give him number changes in a text file in your lines folder, but don't expect him to get to them with any sense of urgency.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'll take the blame for the numbers. Everyone on the admin team knows that it was my fault. I'm not going to shirk away from that.

Anyway whats in a number? :confused: :dunno:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Between seasons, I will volunteer to change the numbers for everyone. Drew does so much, and, frankly, I haven't done a whole helluva lot.

HFNHL Red Wings

There is a bit of a twist to it in that the SIM makes no sense when it comes to Jersey Numbers.

You don't get to actually type the numbers, you scroll through the available numbers which sounds simple enough. The odd thing is that only some random numbers are given to each team and sometimes when you change a number the remaining available numbers for your team seem to change. It is utterly bewildering.

In the past, for GM's that cared, I was able to fiddle around and get most of the jersey numbers corrected but never all of them. It's one of those baffling things that you think there must be some intelligent logic to but in truth it's probably just buggy coding ;)

That said send them along and I'll deal with it as time allows. I actually have some other HFNHL updates (like Salary cap calcs) that are also outstanding and I havn't been able to get to due to time constraints so please be patient.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
That's alright! I was just wondering. It's not a big deal I know you guys put alot of effort into this so I am definately not going to get mad about it. If it was possible for me to do them myself then I would. You guys do a great job either way and I am thankful for that.

Long Live Forsberg #18 :yo:

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Dr.Sens(e) said:
Do you watch 'Lost'?

It all makes sense now. No wonder my team is struggling...it's the damn numbers!

We have it here in Australia... Can't say I'm a big fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad