Rosters and Ratings: Player Edits

SnoopDogg

Gin and Juice
Jan 13, 2016
Buffalo
I'm lazy so here's the first 10 teams in the NHL and I'll post the other 20 later

:ducks Eaves is 86 overall (+) because he nearly has 30 goals
:coyotes Duclair is 79 overall (-) because he's been awful in the NHL and AHL
:bruins Marchand is 91 overall (+) because he's a PPG player once again and is top 5 in points
:sabres Eichel is 89 overall (+) because he's a PPG player in his sophomore year, also I don't know why McDavid was bumped up to 93 while keeping Eichel at 86
:flames Brouwer is 83 overall (-) because he's a decent 3rd liner at best and EA thinks he's 86 overall :laugh:
:canes Aho is 84 overall (+) because he's had an amazing year as a rookie and deserves a significant boost
:hawks Toews is 89 (-) overall because there's no way that he's 94 overall and I think everybody agrees with that
:avs Pretty much everybody on the team was bumped down at least 1 overall (-)
:cbj Bobrovsky is 92 (+) because he has the lowest GAA, highest SV%, most wins, and is the best goalie by far this year
:stars Lehtonen is 83 (-) and Niemi is 81 (-) because they're been awful this year and they are the worst goaltending duo in the NHL, their SV% is below .900 when combined

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I go high with everyone, mostly forwards. Makes the game more fun.

98:
Crosby
97:
McDavid
96:
Malkin
Hedman
95:
Kucherov
Karlsson
Kane
Benn
Marchand
94:
Tarasenko
Stamkos
Tavares
Burns
Doughty
Ovechkin
Backstrom
Seguin
Scheifele

Considering boosting Kucherov to a 96, if he stays this damn good.

Last edited:

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I'm lazy so here's the first 10 teams in the NHL and I'll post the other 20 later

:ducks Eaves is 86 overall (+) because he nearly has 30 goals
:coyotes Duclair is 79 overall (-) because he's been awful in the NHL and AHL
:bruins Marchand is 91 overall (+) because he's a PPG player once again and is top 5 in points
:sabres Eichel is 89 overall (+) because he's a PPG player in his sophomore year, also I don't know why McDavid was bumped up to 93 while keeping Eichel at 86
:flames Brouwer is 83 overall (-) because he's a decent 3rd liner at best and EA thinks he's 86 overall :laugh:
:canes Aho is 84 overall (+) because he's had an amazing year as a rookie and deserves a significant boost
:hawks Toews is 89 (-) overall because there's no way that he's 94 overall and I think everybody agrees with that
:avs Pretty much everybody on the team was bumped down at least 1 overall (-)
:cbj Bobrovsky is 92 (+) because he has the lowest GAA, highest SV%, most wins, and is the best goalie by far this year
:stars Lehtonen is 83 (-) and Niemi is 81 (-) because they're been awful this year and they are the worst goaltending duo in the NHL, their SV% is below .900 when combined
I also gave Eaves an 86.
Duclair 83
Marchand 95
Eichel 93
Brouwer I also gave 83
Aho 89 this kid is amazing
Toews 92, but I gave Duchene, Hall, Drouin, Marner, Barkov, Laine, Matthews, Panarin etc 93 overalls.
Avs lol
I gave Bob a 93, tied with Pricer and Holtbeast
83 and 82 for the Stars goalies.

Last edited:

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
I miss the days when the top player ratings was about 92-93. Mostly everyone was in the high 70s and low 80s. The lowest rated nhl roster guys were low 70s or high 60s. Seemed like the game when not as ridiculous as it currently is.

thedoughboy

Feb 22, 2015
Tinyest of the fifty
I will always wish EA did what the do with FIFA. 10 players are over 90, 50th best player being an 86 and everyone lower than that is, well, lower. A lot like what suprafastcelica said.

SnoopDogg

Gin and Juice
Jan 13, 2016
Buffalo
Teams 11-20:

:wings Sheahan is 81 overall (-) because he's just not good and he's literally played 74 games this year without a goal
:edmonton Draisaitl is 89 overall (+) because he's nearly a PPG center and is often forgotten about because of McDavid, he has 71P in 76G including 15 in his last 9, he would easily go #1 in a 2014 redraft IMO
:panthers Marchessault is 85 overall (+) because he is nearly a 30 goal scorer on a team that's below average at offense and he doesn't even make 1M a year
:kings Kopitar is 88 overall (-) because this is his worst year at offense by far since the lockout year and he likely won't even have 15G when the season is over
:wild Granlund is 88 overall (+) because he broke out this season and he's nearly been a PPG player for the entire year, I believe he also had the longest point streak this year with points in 13 straight games
:habs Weber is 89 overall (-) because he's still a great defenseman but I think EA had him at 93 overall or something like that which is crazy :laugh:
:nashville Arvidsson is 86 overall (+) because he's arguably the breakout player of the year, he is almost leading the Predators in points as a sophomore and is nearly a 30 goal scorer
:devils Schneider is 88 overall (-) because NJD has been awful at goaltending and defense this year, this could just be a fluke year for Schneider as their defense is just so damn awful that I dropped all of their defensemen by at least 1 overall as well
:isles Halak is 83 overall (-) because he has been so damn bad this year that he's an AHL goalie now
:rangers Buchnevich is 84 overall and has medium elite potential now (+) because he's been insanely good for the Rangers and deserves a big boost because he's just crazy skilled

lindroshomer

Jan 21, 2016
Ontario
I don't worry so much about Overalls as I do skill attributes.

I wish EA would have signature skills or styles and player tendencies...that's a whole other issue though

As an example though I don't care what Ovechkin's Overall is, but he's sure as **** going to have a big fat slap shot and be strong on the puck. Marner is going to have lots of skill and a higher overall offensive awareness and stick checking while I'd slightly lower his physical attributes.

Some people on here worry more about overalls instead of actual skill attributes, wrong way to go about it IMO

I often find that EA's speed and acceleration for skaters is jacked up though, Draisaitl, Horvat, Miles Wood, Rust and Sheary on the Pens, Byron in Montreal, there are loads of guys that need a boost.

I also go to hockeyfights dot com and edit the frequency of how often the league leaders in fights, fight. Same with hitting, the league leaders in hits will get a boost in aggression and body checking. Kadri as an example is a "never" fighter with high aggression and reasonable body checking, he doesn't destroy people very hit, but he does when he catches someone and he's always throwing them. Also his discipline goes down because he often gets emotional and starts taking runs at people...hitting people from behind and all sorts of old time hockey things. He stills takes "dumb" penalties...Clearly his defensive game has to go up a bit and so on...

I'll change player type as well if it calls for it. Chris Thorburn is more of an enforcer than a grinder...Michael Haley, Matt Martin, Martin is paid 2.5 million a year...to drop the gloves not to grind on the 4th line, they have an entire AHL team willing to never drop them and hit and forecheck.

Player positions will get changed as well, guys with 80+ faceoff ratings get moved to center because the majority of the time they are centers and playing on the wings...Jamie Benn is an example of a player who's a wing who can play center. Helm on Detroit goes back to the middle. Although I should check the faceoff stats to see if they are even up to date and relevant...:shakehead

Some junior players get bumps, guys like Juolevi, his skating is NHL ready he's really smooth and handles the puck well...I don't worry about his overall in a situation like that, just that his puck skills and skating are whereabouts of where they should be. This is a tricky situation though as they develop they can become somewhat super fast or have a 99 power wrist shot...although that happens anyway with some prospects I am not trying to have more.

Older players will get a boost in awareness, Jagr of course, Iginla, they're situational awareness is high as a giraffe's balls, their legs just don't move as fast as they'd like. Some of these guys sadly and regrettably get a downgrade on their skating...someone like Shane Doan was never a burner to begin with just how she goes.

I also take players from the Euro leagues and a few from the national teams and drop them to free agency, and guys who's careers are over Bickell sadly or guys who've had post concussion problems for years now who are on the IR. Nathan Horton will never play again and doesn't county against the cap so bye bye.

I would have to go through the rosters to get more in depth but some guys are 20 and 30 goal scorers and have 82 shot accuracy...I have to look at how they get their goals and if they are dangling the pants off goalies or if they have a legit shot and normally they get slight boosts.

I also up the hand eye stats for the guys who lead the league in tipped pucks...Sometimes the real stats and the attributes don't match up...If someone is leading the league in tipped shots and has an 83 hand eye coordination attribute there is something a little off with that.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Really wish I can share my rosters. I edited pretty much most of the players in the NHL, and CHL and made it as realistic as possible and I feel I did a very good job. Put so many hours into editing EA really has to fix their rosters. It gets annoying spending countless hours editing attributes and potentials

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I also gave Eaves an 86.
Duclair 83
Marchand 95
Eichel 93
Brouwer I also gave 83
Aho 89 this kid is amazing
Toews 92, but I gave Duchene, Hall, Drouin, Marner, Barkov, Laine, Matthews, Panarin etc 93 overalls.
Avs lol
I gave Bob a 93, tied with Pricer and Holtbeast
83 and 82 for the Stars goalies.

Aho is very good and I'm a big fan but 89? Duchene a 93?

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I edit A LOT of players. I go through every NHL, AHL, and CHL team and edit at least 5 players on each team (not for all the CHL teams, but definitely all AHL and NHL). Also will look through top prospects from Europe

The big thing is, is editing the offensive stats of the top players and giving them 99s in some shot categories and offensive awareness that way some guys will actually hit 90+ points. A LOT of dmen need editing to post realistic point totals for them without being too highly rated overall.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I mess with most players' skating ratings. The gap between the league's elite skaters and its worst needs to be much bigger than EA makes it for realistic gameplay. Guys like McDavid, Karlsson, Eichel, etc. can blow by below average skaters in 1-2 strides irl. Utterly impossible in-game unless you edit.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
They should use the entire range of 1-100, otherwise what's the point in having it go from 1 to 100?

Worst player in the game, you're 1OA. There, sucks to be you, but that's how it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad