Player Discussion: Trevor Moore

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
The more time goes on the worse he looks. Between Hyman, Moore, Marchment and McCann,

I knew our team was poorly constructed when you couldn't keep a heart and soul guy like Hyman. He's from Toronto as well.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The more time goes on the worse he looks. Between Hyman, Moore, Marchment and McCann, that's a combined 130-140 goals, and we have nothing to show for any of these players. There are some NHL teams that barely have that many goals scored total lol.

I’m always more forgiving of the Moore trade since it brought us 2.5 years of Moneyball goaltending in Jack Campbell.

I don’t think we could have ever unlocked the capability of Edmonton Hyman but that was a huge loss when it comes to misjudgement of a player you developed from college graduation to stardom. The lack of insight there was incredible.

Marchment was just an unnecessary loss. There was no need to move him for anything without a longer test drive. After 4 years of Marlies time they have him 4 games. What gives.

Reactions: 1specter

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
After 4 years of Marlies time they gave him 4 games. What gives.

Ouch. That hurts.

1712946213715.png

4.5 AAV is getting up there.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I’m always more forgiving of the Moore trade since it brought us 2.5 years of Moneyball goaltending in Jack Campbell.

I don’t think we could have ever unlocked the capability of Edmonton Hyman but that was a huge loss when it comes to misjudgement of a player you developed from college graduation to stardom. The lack of insight there was incredible.

Marchment was just an unnecessary loss. There was no need to move him for anything without a longer test drive. After 4 years of Marlies time they have him 4 games. What gives.
The annoying thing is that a lot of these are unforced errors. We have these guys in the organization, so one would think we know more about them than anyone. With that inside information we should be able to better assess which players to sell high on and which to hang on to.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The annoying thing is that a lot of these are unforced errors. We have these guys in the organization, so one would think we know more about them than anyone. With that inside information we should be able to better assess which players to sell high on and which to hang on to.

Agreed!

Hyman is the best example. To me, he is such a unique combination of “no talent” but unlimited potential. I’m exaggerating the lack of talent part but he’s a college grad, UFA pick up. Beat out guys like Brown and Kapanen to steal a job on bluechip Matthews wing. Continued to grind and build numbers year to year. Could management not have known how unique he was and how he would get better and better? Completely missed the human factor.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I don’t really blame dubas on this guy tbh, same with keefe

I remember in that 19-20 season he got bumped up to L1 two times, the first time he got an assist on a Tavares goal but then JT broke his finger, so lines were reshuffled. And then the next time he was on the Matthews line when johnsson was injured but he like broke his shoulder or something against Detroit and was out for a while. We also added two valuable pieces in Campbell and Clifford

But the overarching story of middle six players emerging when they leave Toronto is disheartening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad