Player Discussion: Adam Gaudette (#882)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Watching him, seems to have improved his stride quite a bit.

Been noticeable especially in the neutral zone. Seems to always put himself in positions to either take away the pass, or line himself up for a big hit.

As I'm typing this, he picks up a another assist.

Reactions: donut

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Huskies clearly outclassing the Pioneers, 6-1 now after 2. Gaudette's looked dangerous each shift.

Sikura is sick.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Alright, Gaudette's game is over, he recorded 2 points.

I liked him in the neutral zone and offensive zone, his defensive zone play was passable, but on the PK his positioning was pretty bad. He would over extend to try to force a pass, but then be put out of position, seemed slow to react to pick up his man too. But other then that it was a good game, although the Huskies clearly outclassed their opponents. On the other hand I did really like how he was constantly positioning himself to intercept pucks and look to close down passing lanes in the offensive zone (on the forecheck) and in the neutral zone. That showed some high IQ, and he managed to turn the play around because of it a quite a few times by anticipating the pass and covering the lane.

On the boards he was good at moving the puck along and getting away from his man to give himself some space, he seemed to be always moving and finding open space, which is what you'd like to see out of a player like him. On the skating front, I thought his first step has improved quite a bit since I last saw him.

Probably not the best game to evaluate but what the heck, might as well.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Alright, Gaudette's game is over, he recorded 2 points.

I liked him in the neutral zone and offensive zone, his defensive zone play was passable, but on the PK his positioning was pretty bad. He would over extend to try to force a pass, but then be put out of position, seemed slow to react to pick up his man too. But other then that it was a good game, although the Huskies clearly outclassed their opponents. On the other hand I did really like how he was constantly positioning himself to intercept pucks and look to close down passing lanes in the offensive zone (on the forecheck) and in the neutral zone. That showed some high IQ, and he managed to turn the play around because of it a quite a few times by anticipating the pass and covering the lane.

On the boards he was good at moving the puck along and getting away from his man to give himself some space, he seemed to be always moving and finding open space, which is what you'd like to see out of a player like him. On the skating front, I thought his first step has improved quite a bit since I last saw him.

Probably not the best game to evaluate but what the heck, might as well.

Thanks for the report wtg couldnt watch the game so your report is a great indepth analysis :)

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Everyone get into the M2B Adam Gaudette Fantasy Box

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: WhiteCurse

lawrence

May 19, 2012
do people think his potential is a 3c? There is a lot off offence in this kid.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
do people think his potential is a 3c? There is a lot off offence in this kid.

Definitely not but I can see him starting out there in his career. Pettersson-Horvat-Gaudette

Holy smokes, Canucks have high caliber young centres. In two years, Horvat could end up being a surpassed by both Pettersson and Gaudette.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
My guess is he pans out to be a 1B/2A centre capable of playing on the PP and PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad