play hockey wasted?

stoll_16

Jul 13, 2006
i had a good time partying on friday night. i woke up saturday morning still tanked. i think i was still half cut while playing. anybody else ever do this? i thought it was fun until i passed out on the ride home. haha

shimy1221*

i had a good time partying on friday night. i woke up saturday morning still tanked. i think i was still half cut while playing. anybody else ever do this? i thought it was fun until i passed out on the ride home. haha

actually, i was pretty stoned when i played yesterday..not very fun lol

HVPOLARBEARS19

Nov 17, 2005
NY
Guys who I have played with routinely do it, I don't however. The team I'm on now, a lot of the guys play while packing a dip, which I personally think is idiotic, but to each their own I suppose. I'm not a big fan of playing under the influence.

Doctor Hook

Mar 11, 2006
Boston
I never drink before a game. Afterwards is a whole different story.

Play any men's league tourney and chances are you will face a drunken player.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I never drink before a game. Afterwards is a whole different story.

Play any men's league tourney and chances are you will face a drunken player.

A great majority of the guys I play pickup games with show up drunk or high. Lots of them drink in the locker room. I despise it... I love playing hockey and I love playing a high speed, high intensity game. Once I get my skates off and cool my heels, I'm all for a few drinks, but I don't see any place for it in my hockey game.

As for the actual team I play for... :shakehead I wouldn't even try it. We're in way to competitive a division for that kind of stuff.

Marns

Jul 31, 2006
Toronto, ON
www.thestretchpass.com
A great majority of the guys I play pickup games with show up drunk or high. Lots of them drink in the locker room. I despise it... I love playing hockey and I love playing a high speed, high intensity game. Once I get my skates off and cool my heels, I'm all for a few drinks, but I don't see any place for it in my hockey game.
I agree. I play hockey because I enjoy it. I don't need to be pissed to help me enjoy it. Alcohol and hockey are two beautiful things when kept separate.

Slick

Oct 17, 2005
Western Mass
Too much risk to get hurt or hurt others around you as well. If you're coordinations off you might be more inclined to accidentely hit someone in the face lifting your stick up, or falling over yourself and tripping another player...if they broke a bone on the fall or something I'd have a hard time with it.

As others have said, I enjoy hockey way too much on it's own I don't need alcohol to enhance that. If I can't compete at 100% if anything it will make me enjoy it less. After hockey I always enjoy a few beers though. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels relaxed after an hour of ice time, the beer makes it that much sweeter.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
Yea i feel the same as most of the above posters. Noone on my team (to my knowledge) plays while drunk/high. I wouldn't do it because i wouldn't have fun if i was playing like ****.

Slick

Oct 17, 2005
Western Mass
But Pond Hockey drunk, that'd be the ****.

The guys I play pond hockey with all bring 30 packs. That I have no problem with, pond hockey is just to have a good time and no ones that competetive. Not only that, but you can see who's drinking and who's not. Unlike if the other team you're playing at a rink is all wasted and you have no idea until they start flayling (sp?) their sticks at your eyes.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
I remember one beer league game I played on my buddy's birthday, who also played on the team.

Took the opening faceoff and fell flat on my face.

Needless to say it was the only game we lost all year.

Funniest part about it was the fact that our line scored the nicest goal of the year that game, with all three of us absolutely cut.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
-Hey, Denis.
-How's it going, Nick?
-I'm drunk.
-Nah!
-I'm not bull****tin' ya.
-Got stinkin' ****faced on the bus. Louise left me, and that son of a ***** over there keeps playin' me when he knows I'm ****faced.
-Jeez, I'm really sorry.
-Anybody throws me against the boards, I'm gonna piss all over myself.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I'm a giggly drunk. I'm easily entertained and hockey is totally in the easily entertained circle of mine. I just end up laughing a lot after plays.

Depends on the drunk though, some guys get angry and it's not fun to play against them.

BraveSirRobin

Ducks offseason
Feb 5, 2006
Yucaipa, CA
I haven't played drunk (although there are some games where it looks like I may have been), but there are guys on my team and in the division I play in that have.

The big thing is that whenever we play a team with a guy that's just totally ****faced is that he will 9 times out of 10 throw up on the ice. And it's always in or near my crease, it never fails.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
I've gone to practice drunk. The two coach's wives and a few other players and I went out before our practice and got REALLY drunk. It wasn't pretty because we had to skate lines the whole practice. I puked twice and then our coach made me keep going. I thought I was going to DIE.

I've played hungover. Again, not pretty. I'd puke in the garbage can on the bench and keep going.

I get sick just thinking about it.

That being said, I'm increadibly hungover at work right now.

xeric716x

Born To Expire
Jun 20, 2006
New Jack City
www.facebook.com
-Hey, Denis.
-How's it going, Nick?
-I'm drunk.
-Nah!
-I'm not bull****tin' ya.
-Got stinkin' ****faced on the bus. Louise left me, and that son of a ***** over there keeps playin' me when he knows I'm ****faced.
-Jeez, I'm really sorry.
-Anybody throws me against the boards, I'm gonna piss all over myself.

hahaha, i'm gald someone threw that in this thread.

Muttley*

Nah, I prefer to play sober.

I have a problem with beer, especially Guinness, in that if I drink before I play, it starts to work its way back up my throat when I bend down to tie my skates.

I hate that feeling.

Now after I play, it's a completely different story. That's when I don't prefer to be sober. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad