GWT: PL Matchweek 5

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I didn't even realize Angry Birds were still relevant. I thought they went the same way as Tap Tap Revenge lol

They're trying to get the company going again, I read about some restructuring there recently. Guess this is part of it, though they may want to actually come up with some new content.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Wow, Utd doesn't want to lose that top spot :) what's the tiebreaker now, position last season?

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Despite the score, we were poor.

Have to be better. But I'll take the 3 pts.

Hope Pogba is more 6 weeks than 3 months.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
And Martial scores from the penalty after coming on as a sub (how else...).

Can't fathom how Lingard got to come on before him.

The Rashford/Martial combination definitely works. If one of them has an off game, they still wear off defenders and the other always comes in and delivers. No need to add a useless player Lingard into the equation.

I didn't like today's performance at all. We lack so much drive and creativity without Pogba.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
Also, we're not winning anything significant if Ashley Young is starting at left back. Should've bought Kolasinac when he was still available. Ball dropped there.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Also, we're not winning anything significant if Ashley Young is starting at left back. Should've bought Kolasinac when he was still available. Ball dropped there.

League Cup game vs Burton on Wednesday, have to rotate the squad more. Who knows, maybe Darmian and Shaw start that one? Also Young played well this week in both games. He's a better crosser than Valencia and able and willing to use his both feet more.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think Chelsea and Arsenal were a fair result. I suggest that Lacazette should have scored that sitter, but Chelsea were really poor in the midfield. I mean not scoring on the likes of Xhaka and Ramsey is kind of troubling for any club. Though I admit that Ramsey was quite good today. I just cannot understand why Arsenal can't play like that majority of the time against the top clubs? I also don't get some of Wenger's selections. Yeah Lacazette was very poor, but subbing your best potential goalscorer for Sanchez just seems stupid when Iwobi was slowing the play down too much for counterattacking. I didn't get Conte's tactics either, Morata has only scored goals from his head this season and he's taking short free kicks? Like wtf? :laugh:

I hope today showed that Luiz is such a stupid player. I don't think I've ever seen Silva or any other top CB make that type of tackle. (or lose his cool). Again I don't think he is bad, just enormously overrated in the footballing world. I don't get the Mustafi hate, he's aggressive, but I thought he played quite well today. I loved seeing his battle versus Morata. Lastly, I love Alexis, but he goes down fairly easy, definitely the biggest diver on Arsenal (which isn't a club known for it).

And of course Man United score majority of their goals in the final five minutes of action yet again. :rolleyes: Easiest start of the schedule for any team.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Can't fathom how Lingard got to come on before him.

The Rashford/Martial combination definitely works. If one of them has an off game, they still wear off defenders and the other always comes in and delivers. No need to add a useless player Lingard into the equation.

I didn't like today's performance at all. We lack so much drive and creativity without Pogba.

Defensively better than either. Young neede more support on the left side than Rashford was giving him (I think Neville said so on Sky Sports).

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Lastly, I love Alexis, but he goes down fairly easy, definitely the biggest diver on Arsenal (which isn't a club known for it).

Can't recall who all was involved, but Arsenal players were tumbling down by the box in the last ten minutes constantly, it was kind of embarrassing, especially because the ref saw right through them and Chelsea had a few decent counters off those plays

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Can't recall who all was involved, but Arsenal players were tumbling down by the box in the last ten minutes constantly, it was kind of embarrassing, especially because the ref saw right through them and Chelsea had a few decent counters off those plays
I believe it was Alexis the whole time. :laugh::facepalm: I cannot defend it, it's quite bad, but he is just one player. 3/4 of the Chelsea team are known floppers.

Oliver was fantastic today too...rare that I mention that from a ref...was spot-on on 98% of the decisions.
Best referee in the England and probably top 10 in Europe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad