Confirmed with Link: PK Subban signed - 8y x 9M$ - Part II Meehan Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
in this thread, dont be a lazy little fighter.

Must be when you said that:
reality, year 3 : Plekanec, Parenteau, Bourque, Moen, Prust, Weise (that's half our forward group by the way) and Gilbert are UFA and given their age they're probably not on the team for year 3.

does it mean we should fold, rebuild, etc ? nope, not at all... but does it means that for example, year 3 is more important than year 4 ? well... :laugh:
Ya, you definitely proved me wrong..
:laugh:

Rickkins

Jul 22, 2007
Well, after 40 pages, none of which I've read, I have decided to add my two cents.

As a player, I love Subban, I love what he brings.

Also, I am glad that we locked him up long term.

But 9 million...?? Horse ploppy. No one player is worthy that much. Too much going to one player will hamper efforts to pay others. I had hoped that unbridled greed would not be the deciding factor, and that a number that wouldn't break the bank could be found.

PricePkPatch*

Well, after 40 pages, none of which I've read, I have decided to add my two cents.

As a player, I love Subban, I love what he brings.

Also, I am glad that we locked him up long term.

But 9 million...?? Horse ploppy. No one player is worthy that much. Too much going to one player will hamper efforts to pay others. I had hoped that unbridled greed would not be the deciding factor, and that a number that wouldn't break the bank could be found.

Ah. So i guess you are totally ignorant of the economic reality of the NHL?

PricePkPatch*

Yes, I guess anyone who believes other than you is ignorant. Fair enough, call me ignorant.

No. Anyone who claim stupid things like "no one player deserves that much" is ignorant.

Flash news: the cap is rising. Therefore, salaries are going to increase proportionally. To refuse to see it is nothing short of plain obtuseness or denial.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
You're right, I should have added the "imho".

Better..??

Okay, so with rising profits and revenues, what does a hockey player deserve?

Remember, the slice of the pie is the same for every team regardless of what a single player makes on the cap. Nobody has more to spend.

Also remember that $9M AAV means he's making less than a lot of players, and that guys like Tyler Myers and Chris Gratton have made more in a single season than $9M.

Also remember that we could have paid Subban league max and it wouldn't lead to another lockout.

So in your humble opinion, what does a hockey player deserve?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
again, reading test failed.

So you didn't imply year 4 was more important than year 3? Are you backtracking? :laugh:
You're really going for some all-star posting here. :laugh:

You think the later years are more important. It's okay buddy. You got burnt. Move on. ;)

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
So you didn't imply year 4 was more important than year 3? Are you backtracking? :laugh:
You're really going for some all-star posting here. :laugh:

You think the later years are more important. It's okay buddy. You got burnt. Move on. ;)

nope, never did.

maybe if you werent focusing so much on fighting to prove you're right... but damn! it's taking a while...

bah! I could do better, was thinking of adding laughing smileys and making thing up, got any advice on that for me ? ;)

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You're right, I should have added the "imho".

Better..??

It's just the way it works in that industry. Revenues go up, so salaries go up.

I mean, if you're going to say no one deserves 9M, I can argue that nobody who gets to play a sport for a living deserves to become a millionaire either. I mean, these guys travel in 1st class, eat at the nicest spots, best hotels, nicest cars, and their work is to play a game? That's crazy.
Athletes make more than people who actually save lives?? That's normal?

So ya, I can argue that none of these athletes deserves to even be millionaires, but it's pointless. It's that industry.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
nope, never did.
So what did you imply by the ''..well..:laugh:'' exactly??
Or is this another post where you will refuse to explain yourself:laugh:
maybe if you werent focusing so much on fighting to prove you're right... but damn! it's taking a while...
Pretty ironic coming from someone who's writing nothing of substance in any of his last responses.
I don't care to be right, even asked you to show me where I was wrong. But you haven't. You just say ''reading blabla'' like a 10yo :laugh:
bah! I could do better, was thinking of adding laughing smileys and making thing up, got any advice on that for me ? ;)
Sad that you don't realize I took that from you. :laugh:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
So what did you imply by the ''..well..:laugh:'' exactly??
Or is this another post where you will refuse to explain yourself:laugh:

Pretty ironic coming from someone who's writing nothing of substance in any of his last responses.
I don't care to be right, even asked you to show me where I was wrong. But you haven't. You just say ''reading blabla'' like a 10yo :laugh:

Sad that you don't realize I took that from you. :laugh:

Shouldnt need an explanation for the obvious.

:laugh:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Oh it's definitely obvious which is why all you do is run away from the actual question :laugh:

I'll help you out smart man...

you think next 3 years are the more important : told you you were wrong imo

then

you assumed I think years 4+ are the more important ones : and you were dead wrong.

so, what do I think ? seriously, if you arent smart enough to figure it out dont bother replying, as we're talking 4th grade reading comprehension here.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Coming up to Round 3 of this fight, er I mean part 3 of this thread. Feel every new one should be started with a picture of a ring girl flash carding us the round of the fight.

Ding Ding!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'll help you out smart man...

you think next 3 years are the more important : told you you were wrong imo

then

you assumed I think years 4+ are the more important ones : and you were dead wrong.

so, what do I think ? seriously, if you arent smart enough to figure it out dont bother replying, as we're talking 4th grade reading comprehension here.

So year 1-2-3 are not the more important ones. Year 4+ are also not the more important ones. So no years are more important? Or was it the years that passed? :laugh:

Jesus man, your senseless ''read between the lines'' approach is so lame. :laugh:

Come out with it or just shut up about it already :laugh:

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
So year 1-2-3 are not the more important ones. Year 4+ are also not the more important ones. So no years are more important? Or was it the years that passed? :laugh:

Jesus man, your senseless ''read between the lines'' approach is so lame. :laugh:

We're in the entertainment industry, the merchandising industry, let's sell lots of beer industry with a hockey club on the side. :sarcasm:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

Yeah, it's lame when you dont have what it takes to understand simple concepts. I know everything has only two sides in your mind, your side and the one you fight against, but that's not how it works in real world, not everything is black or white.

and in this particular case, it's pretty obvious why it's a stupid idea to think years X are better/worses than year Y.

first because your idea that next 3 years are the most important ones doesnt make any sense, none. simply because it's clear to anyone but you that the Habs will not be going all in this season (year 1) and that year 3 will be without half our actual forward group, without Budaj, Weaver and Gilbert as well... that's way too many new faces or contracts to renew to have even a vague idea of what the team will look like... this is year 1 and 3 of what you think are the more important years... so they're more important why ? cause we MAY content in year 2 of the three important ones ? :laugh:

as for the other side, year 4+, it would be as dumb to prentend they're more (or less for that matter) important as the list of players who needs to be replaced/re-signed is even longer.

I know, it's hard to get for you as you're always in fighting mode and you HAVE to be right about it, but the idea there's MORE important years (year 1 to 3) only exist in your head.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Not to change the subject, but I have gained new respect for ECWHSWI.

This is Post # 1000.

We need a new thread on this subject.;):sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad