Pre-Game Talk: Pittsburgh vs Toronto, Saturday Feb 17th, 7pmET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
:leafs @ :pens

Leafs are currently carrying a 5 game winning streak and 9-1 in their last 10 games.

Pens are suddenly hot again and are 7-2-1 in their last 10.

Should be another good "measuring stick" type of game to see how we can match up against the defending champions who are rolling at the same time we are.

Lineup questions:
Will Gardiner be back in after muscle cramping issues in the Columbus game?
If not, will we see Borgman back in?
Carrick or Polak?

Edit: Soshnikov traded

Last edited:

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I hope to see Carrick back in. With Pittsburgh not being overly physical, Carrick can be much more effective then Polak. At least Carrick can make a solid first pass out of the zone.

I expect this to be a rather close contest, probably pretty low scoring as well. I will take a point but will of course appreciate 2

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Away for the weekend. Is this game available on CBC online after it completes?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
its an away game not a home game. also sosh wouldn't come in if gardiner was out. they play different positions

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I hope Matthews has a big game. he's overdue to dominate another superstar player
I think we'll play a good game. we usually match up well against these guys

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
We got this. We genuinely believe that we can crush any team now. Yeah they have been saying that for years, but it’s actually true now. When this team skates and plays with swag they are nearly impossible to beat, all it took was realizing that this current team never was going to be a 2 -1 chip and grind team.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
should be able to steam it live on HNC , someone used to post the video player link in the Game Day thread .
I'll be busy with other things to watch live, thinking I'd watch it late night when everyone goes to bed.
Does CBC archive the games after they complete?
I'll miss Sunday too but I don't think there will be a way to watch that one after it finishes.
You can't just record it?

I wish this game would start already.
As mentioned, I'll be away for Family Day weekend

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I also hope we plan on resting Freddy a little bit more. We only have 4 B2B's remaining including this one and with 23 games left, i do not want Freddy starting 19 of them, McBackup has been playing well so we might as well play him 3-4 more times down the stretch

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I also hope we plan on resting Freddy a little bit more. We only have 4 B2B's remaining including this one and with 23 games left, i do not want Freddy starting 19 of them, McBackup has been playing well so we might as well play him 3-4 more times down the stretch
the only way i see mcelhinney playing on a day other than a back to back is if the leafs clinch a playoff spot before the season ends. and that may not even happen

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
the only way i see mcelhinney playing on a day other than a back to back is if the leafs clinch a playoff spot before the season ends. and that may not even happen

yeh thats what i was thinking. I guess Freddy has only played about 49 games. what is an average workload for a starting goaltender, 60-65 games? Freddy will at max play 68 games this season

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
some goalies do better with a heavy workload though. Freddy might be that type. The guy is as far from fragile as it gets imo

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Hoping Detroit beats Tampa tonight. Is it too early to be on Tampa/Boston watch? I actually think we can win the east

Reactions: Blanche Blanche
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad