"Pittsburgh Penguins" sale/arena/slots/etc. thread

timmy12

Jun 25, 2005
A picture of Mario in his house moments after the sale

milliondollarmariolm0.jpg

Spooner

Feb 26, 2004
Oh, here and there
Forgive me if I'm sounding naive... but the last sale didn't go down because the NHL wasn't allowing him to move them. So why does this make it more likely that the Pens will move?

skullman80

Nov 18, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa
Just have to see how it all plays out. The Pens have two plans for an arena in place.

They have the land bought, and ready to be cleared early next year, with an arena for the 09 season.

All that needs signed is the lease by the new owner.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
i hoe they stay in Pittsburgh rather than moving to Hamilton. Going from a smallish market to an even smaller market doesn't make much sense.

Coming soon to the Blackberry arena near you the Pittsburgh/Hamilton/Ok City/Kansas City/Las Vegas/Portland/Seattle Penguins. (did i miss anyone?)

benji

Took too much, man.
Dec 8, 2002
Too much.
yo
i hoe they stay in Pittsburgh rather than moving to Hamilton. Going from a smallish market to an even smaller market doesn't make much sense.

Coming soon to the Blackberry arena near you the Pittsburgh/Hamilton/Ok City/Kansas City/Las Vegas/Portland/Seattle Penguins. (did i miss anyone?)

The New York Penguins.

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
On the TSN game (Toronto/Ottawa) it breify mentioned them fighting the trust laws i believe. (To do with Buffalo and Toronto being so close). It wasn't anything long though.

skullman80

Nov 18, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp...004_190237_5084

Quoting a source, globesports.com reported that Balsillie is expected to be in Pittsburgh on Thursday night for the team's opening game against the Philadelphia Flyers.

While a deal is expected to be announced shortly before the game, globesports said, other sources it quoted cautioned that last-minute details still needed to be worked out and that the agreement could fall apart.

A source familiar with the discussions told globesports that Balsillie is expected to keep the team in Pittsburgh and he has no intention of moving it to Hamilton, Ont. There had been speculation that Balsillie wanted to buy a franchise and move it to Hamilton, which is close to his home and RIM's head office in Waterloo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad