Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
This more or less confirms Almari is playing in WBS next year, right? I read that he wanted to play this year in WBS, Guerin is apparently ridiculously high on him.

Dunno, he had an ATO last year so I'm not sure it means too much. I'd still expect him to be over mind.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
He played most of the season in Liiga so coming over next season wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Lauzon did not play in Rouyn Noranda's game 6 loss tonight, and is out either indefinitely or an indetermined amount of time (my french is shaky at best). Game 7 is on Tuesday.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Dunno, he had an ATO last year so I'm not sure it means too much. I'd still expect him to be over mind.

Didn't Allvin say he'd stay over for 3yrs and then come over? Maybe this next ATO is more of a "Kid, it's time, take a look and let us know."

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Have you had a chance to see that kid play at all this season to give an assessment of his game?

Haven’t seen him since the rookie tournament. He didn’t flash anything that got me out of my seat then, but just always seemed to be around at the perfect time to knock in goals.

Honestly have no clue what kind of player he is.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Didn't Allvin say he'd stay over for 3yrs and then come over? Maybe this next ATO is more of a "Kid, it's time, take a look and let us know."

Don't recall him saying that but could be forgetting. I do recall them saying when he was drafted that they saw him as a long project - like, 5 years - but I feel like he's way ahead of their expectations.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Don't recall him saying that but could be forgetting. I do recall them saying when he was drafted that they saw him as a long project - like, 5 years - but I feel like he's way ahead of their expectations.
It was in the draft thread for that pick in our forum. I had to google it after I posted it to see if I remembered correctly. You're right, he did say he was a project and I was right that he said it would be 3yrs or around that.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Have you had a chance to see that kid play at all this season to give an assessment of his game?
Based on him in camp, he's very much a Sheary+Gallagher(not as ornery) type from what I could gather. He has that off wing shot like Sheary did last year before the injury.

The funniest thing about the people that supposedly watched Bellerive was that "he's not fast enough for his size" and yet every rookie tourney game I saw of this kid and the games I have caught here on the local channels, the guy's asset is his speed and also that he's not afraid to play in the dirty areas of the game, the size thing is on paper, to Bellerive, it's nothing that he feels would hold him back to play his game and it really doesn't hold him back.

He scores a lot off the rush too, he looks like Sheary last year before his injury but stronger and he never falls out of nowhere.

Him and Miletic really stood out and considering they were playing with drafted players, that was nice to see, both players made it a point to be noticed every shift they played and in a very good way. Miletic was just really bringing it with the physical play and showing some decent hands, Bellerive was showing why he feels teams were wrong to pass him in the draft, kid just has that thing about him that he will put in 100% in his development to show people that he is worth it and they were wrong in not drafting him.

Also, he's 5'10" and looks bigger than Guentzel, so he's not "Sheary-sized."

1:10mark, slick slick moves.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Miletic and Niagra start their second round against Hamilton on Thursday. Hamilton had 13 more points in the regular season, but there isn't much separating these two in my view. Hamilton has a couple notable names in R. Thomas, Strome # 3 and Bitten.

Bellervie and Lethbridge draw Brandon, which is a lower seed than their first round opponent Red Deer, but a much tough team. Brandon had a high powered duo in Ty Lewis and Stelio Mattheos. Lethbridge looked better than i expected in round 1, so i'm expecting a good series.

Game 7 for Rouyn Noranda Huskies against Sherbooke is tomorrow night. Unclear if Lauzon will play. He took the warmup in game 6, so he can't be too far away. The injury is the same neck injury he's been dealing with for a bit now.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Miletic is interesting. Putting up good stats, but is an over-ager. Bellerive really excites me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->