Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread: 2023-2024 Edition

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I feel like much like Sprong, people are going to be really disappointed once Yager translates to the NHL. I think he has some upside, but people in here are acting like he is a foundational player. I think if he hits his pure upside he’ll be a top six forward maybe similar to Toffoli or McCann.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Yager kinda reminds me of Rust. Don’t mean it in a bad way.
I don't think Yager is NHL ready and not even from a size / strength standpoint. Good prospect, just not there yet.
I like him back in the CHL over the AHL for this reason. Pretty much his entire top end supporting cast will move on and he’ll have to be the “man”.

Reactions: Jacob

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I feel like much like Sprong, people are going to be really disappointed once Yager translates to the NHL. I think he has some upside, but people in here are acting like he is a foundational player. I think if he hits his pure upside he’ll be a top six forward maybe similar to Toffoli or McCann.
I think your hope is he’s an adequate ES 2C that may not elevate linemates but can play with stars and is a weapon on PP1 and can PK.

Similar to a Trocheck maybe- obviously not similar style but usage/career.

Think there’s a good chance he’s a RW or 3C though.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
That's fine though. How great would Jared McCann be to have on this roster right now?

If you BFF Hexf*** didn't trade him for a 7th in one of the biggest ED blunders of 2021, we wouldn't be yearning for Yager to be the impact player we really need at the moment.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
If the pens move up in the draft lottery and keep their pick, whoever they pick is going to suck lol

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If the pens move up in the draft lottery and keep their pick, whoever they pick is going to suck lol
It's 4OV or bust.

Cayden Lindstrom
Tij Iginla
Berkley Catton

all have the potential to be really, really good forwards in the NHL.

We'd probably end up taking the next Puljujarvi or Pouliot though :laugh:

Tell ya what though, we should be opening up the checkbook to whoever the Dallas Stars scouts are that keep finding these 2nd round gems.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
It's 4OV or bust.

Cayden Lindstrom
Tij Iginla
Berkley Catton

all have the potential to be really, really good forwards in the NHL.

We'd probably end up taking the next Puljujarvi or Pouliot though :laugh:

Tell ya what though, we should be opening up the checkbook to whoever the Dallas Stars scouts are that keep finding these 2nd round gems.
if we do get the 4 oa i hope we move up.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
if we do get the 4 oa i hope we move up.
I don't think there's anyone at 2/3 worth moving up for though. I think after Celebrini, there's easily 3 guys that could do #2. Demidov, Lindstrom, Levshunov...
Just wanted to make sure I posted something on page 69 of this thread.

200w.gif

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002

I like him back in the CHL over the AHL for this reason. Pretty much his entire top end supporting cast will move on and he’ll have to be the “man”.
I kinda don't like that. Moose Jaw looks like they're gonna be terrible, and he'll probably end up being traded at the deadline, which is around the new year.

Yeah I figure if he does go back he will be dealt at the deadline, which is around the halfway mark for the CHL. MJ is losing a lot of talent.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Handful of years on a cost effective contract I’m fine with those comparisons.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yager reminds me of McCann, to use a very narrow scope of Penguins players. He's definitely not a foundational piece but if you use him correctly, could be a valuable supporting cast piece.

Doubt he's gonna be ready to go NHL-wise for a while. We'd all like to see him come in and wow this camp/pre-season, and I guess there's a chance, but as long as he is developed properly I don't really mind how long it takes. /shrug

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad