Pittsburgh Penguins clinch 1st overall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
The 'Hawks play Phoenix (without Doan) today, so I think they have a great chance to win that game. After all, if Phoenix wins, they risk moving out of contention for the first overall pick cuz they'd move ahead of the Rangers, temporarily.

Gee, that Chicago-Phoenix game might be interesting. I wish I could watch it so as to count the number of turnovers that lead to opposition goals. Hey, maybe somebody may even pull a Steve Smith and score on their own goal.

Anything for better draft position, I say! :yo:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Ol' Dirty Chinaman said:
Man, its gonna be great if Ovechkin turns out to be a dud at the NHL level.

It might be great for your own personal amusement, but not for the NHL.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Jag68Vlady27 said:
The 'Hawks play Phoenix (without Doan) today, so I think they have a great chance to win that game. After all, if Phoenix wins, they risk moving out of contention for the first overall pick cuz they'd move ahead of the Rangers, temporarily.

Gee, that Chicago-Phoenix game might be interesting. I wish I could watch it so as to count the number of turnovers that lead to opposition goals. Hey, maybe somebody may even pull a Steve Smith and score on their own goal.

Anything for better draft position, I say! :yo:

one of the double-edged swords for the hawks is that they still give 100% every night. which may cost them ovechkin...

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
I haven't seen them, so I really can't comment.

They've been bit bigtime by the injury bug...and have horrid goaltending.

But the whole thing is, I haven't even seen them TRY. At all.

At least the young kids on the Rangers are trying to win their games and are giving the other teams a hard time.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Can you honestly say they've given 100% all season?

Not one, or two, or three games, an entire season.

Pittsburgh has worked their asses off in 80 of 81 games thus far. I mean we only gained 22 points on you guys in a 5 week span...

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia

Pittsburgh has worked their asses off in 80 of 81 games thus far. I mean we only gained 22 points on you guys in a 5 week span...

You'll get Ovechkin, relax. ;)

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com

Earlier, it was "ECHL GOALIE GETTING 2 STARTS!!! 3 STARTS!!! CAPS TANKING 3 GAMES! CRIME AGAINST HOCKEY!" and now it's to "whole season".

Interesting.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Marshall said:
Earlier, it was "ECHL GOALIE GETTING 2 STARTS!!! 3 STARTS!!! CAPS TANKING 3 GAMES! CRIME AGAINST HOCKEY!" and now it's to "whole season".

Interesting.

The Penguins tanked one game.

The Capitals have tanked how many?

SwOOsh*

The Penguins tanked one game.

The Capitals have tanked how many?

ROFL Can you tell me the games that the Caps tanked please?

Whocares really, the Pens tanked the most important game of the season so yeah, good game hypocrite.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
SwOOsh said:
ROFL Can you tell me the games that the Caps tanked please?

Whocares really, the Pens tanked the most important game of the season so yeah, good game hypocrite.

*whack* . . . . *whack**whack**whack* . . . . *whack* . . . . *sees that it's still sputtering and wheezing* . . . *whack**whack**whack*

is the horse dead yet? . . . *holds the hockey stick a bit low, tired from all the whacking*

btw, that is aimed at the topic, not swoosh directly . . .

SwOOsh*

Jaded-Fan said:
*whack* . . . . *whack**whack**whack* . . . . *whack* . . . . *sees that it's still sputtering and wheezing* . . . *whack**whack**whack*

is the horse dead yet? . . . *holds the hockey stick a bit low, tired from all the whacking*

Don't worry bud, I understand. It's just that this hypocrite tells me to stop bringing it up yet it has been him everytime, and he still keeps bringing it up.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Jaded-Fan said:

:deadhorse

Telperiën

Nov 1, 2003
Galaxy Far Far Away
See...? Everything works out perfectly. ;)

The team that comes out of the NHL's draft lottery with the No. 1 choice is a virtual lock to grab the rights to Russian forward Alexander Ovechkin, described by some scouts as having the offensive talents of Atlanta LW Ilya Kovalchuk and a greater commitment to playing defense. Kovalchuk said yesterday that he doesn't know Ovechkin --"I met him once, when I was 15" -- but he certainly knows about him. "Everybody says he's a pretty good player," Kovalchuk said. "We'll see. The NHL is a different league." Kovalchuk noted that Ovechkin also could face some significant off-ice adjustments. "[Learning English] was tough, but when you're young, [coming to North America] is easier for you, because you don't have a family, a wife or kids," he said. "If you have good friends or teammates, they're going to help you. That's what happened to me. All the guys really supported me, helped me with everything, and I didn't have any problems."
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04094/295700.stm

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
You can see Kovalchuk hopes Ovechkin will not challenge him as #1. Kovy is a real character. Proabably the most interesting player in the league. Funny, outrageously arrogant, rebellious against rules and discipline. He's not the exactly kind of complete franchise player you'd want. Single-minded approach to the game. Great fun to watch though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad