Pittsburgh no.1 goaltender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Pittsburg no.1 goaltender

... Since Fleury played in practicly all the pre-season games of the Pens, I can't figure out if Caron is as good as last season...

How many games do you see Garon in for the Pens in these to scenarios?:

1 - With Fleury signed
2 - With Fleury at Cap-Breton

???

cellardweller

Jul 18, 2003
Kingston Ontario
Visit site
I cannot see Fleury signing with the Pens. Look at the money they spent on Caron. I think he is overrated and so far looks to be overpaid. He is 23 yrs old, he has had just about average numbers in the AHL, and average numbers in the NHL. I just don't see the point of having 2 high paid goalies in the lineup. Send Fleury back to Cape Breton, let him have another shot at gold in World Juniors, and maybe a memorial cup.

Laurence Heinen

Jan 31, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
cellardweller said:
Send Fleury back to Cape Breton, let him have another shot at gold in World Juniors, and maybe a memorial cup.

:handclap: Well said!

There's no need to rush Fleury at such a young age. Give him a chance to see some success at the Major Junior level and compete at the international level again with Team Canada.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I don't see Garon playing at all for the Pens this year :p

Caron probably about what Servo said.

And Caron was signed to alot of money...as in 2.8(or something like that) over 4 years, that doesn't average to that much.

And it's not looking like Fleury will play wiht the Pens this year, 24 hours until the deadline to sign...

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
cellardweller said:
I cannot see Fleury signing with the Pens. Look at the money they spent on Caron. I think he is overrated and so far looks to be overpaid. He is 23 yrs old, he has had just about average numbers in the AHL, and average numbers in the NHL. I just don't see the point of having 2 high paid goalies in the lineup. Send Fleury back to Cape Breton, let him have another shot at gold in World Juniors, and maybe a memorial cup.

yes, that huge 650k salary this year is going to absolutely kill us. my god, how can we afford such an extravagent contract? :rolleyes:

btw, did you see the defense in front of caron? Ian Moran, Hans Jonsson, Jamie Pushor? Hasek wouldnt put up good numbers behind that.

for you nay-sayers, did you even see fleury in the pre season? two of the games he played he was going against boston and washington's top lines and stuffed them. the thornton-samsonov-murray line scored on a rebound, and thats the only reason. and this is with a still weak (though much better) defense.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
cellardweller said:

Caron could very well shoulder most of the starting load this season, which he probably isn't capable of doing, but maybe a year or two from now as a back up to Fleury, he'll be a bargain and maybe eventually be part of one of the better goaltending tandems in the league.

IkeaMonkey*

Raider Zero said:
btw, did you see the defense in front of caron? Ian Moran, Hans Jonsson, Jamie Pushor? Hasek wouldnt put up good numbers behind that.

First Aleksey Morozov is EXTREMELY TALENTED, and now Caron > Hasek???? I am hopping on the Pens bandwagon for the cup run this year.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
So you've just jumped off the bandwagon of misinterpretating?

IkeaMonkey*

How was I misinterpreting? He said Hasek would not put up the same numbers Caron did with that defense, thus Caron MUST be better than Hasek.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
No, he said "Hasek wouldn't put up good numbers behind that".

There was no comparison to Caron. It simply states that even the best goalies wouldn't put up great stats behind that defense, so you can't make qualitative judgments about Caron.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA

No, he never said Hasek couldn't put up the same numbers. He just said Hasek wouldn't put up good numbers with that defense. Nowhere does he imply that Caron is better than Hasek. Don't be so quick to judgement.

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
PecaFan said:
No, he said "Hasek wouldn't put up good numbers behind that".

There was no comparison to Caron. It simply states that even the best goalies wouldn't put up great stats behind that defense, so you can't make qualitative judgments about Caron.
yes, thats exactly what i meant.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Raider Zero said:
yes, thats exactly what i meant.

Ed Olczyk (former Ranger) told Sam Rosen and JD (Rangers' play by play guys) that Fleury is the best they've got in goal and hopes he gets signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad