Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Kingerski and Grove have been putting out decent stuff this season.

Home | Pittsburgh Hockey Now

I've had Kingerski followed on twitter since his Zaripov speculation was confirmed by Mackey and the articles, etc. since then have gotten better.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Kingerski and Grove have been putting out decent stuff this season.

Home | Pittsburgh Hockey Now

I've had Kingerski followed on twitter since his Zaripov speculation was confirmed by Mackey and the articles, etc. since then have gotten better.
Love Grove, who doesn’t? And Kingerski... eh, been on the fence with him.

Mike Toucan Sam or w/e the hell his name is that runs those “NOW” websites though, is an absolute clown. Fired from KDKA. Totally unemployable.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
:laugh: And now this:
What an asshole. "And I mean emphatically"...is that REALLY necessary to say? It's your site, you can fire anyone for any reason. You don't need to justify it for any reason. Don't shit on the woman's character while she's on the way out. Just say she's leaving the site and leave it at that. Man what a dick move

Reactions: TNT87 and KIRK

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
I really can't wait until my subscription runs out. DKPS has gone completely downhill. Dude treats his employees like pieces of meat and then whines like a little bitch when they leave.

It would be palatable if the site was improving, but it's not.

Reactions: TNT87

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Granted it does include a bunch of random/freelance type people. But still, pretty significant.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
giphy.gif

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Never heard of Katie Brown.

I still have a sub to his site and Katie Brown was who he hired to replace Yohe. She used to be an NHL.com writer who covered the Caps. She was kinda bleh to be honest. Not much of a loss writing-wise. But then I never thought Yohe was that special either. Both him and Brown are writers who don't offer a ton of insight. They're good at covering the team and reporting on things, but that's as far as it goes.

Matt Gatjka is the true prize DK has and he'll really be hurting if he leaves. Gatkja offers strong analysis and has some interesting analytics reporting to back it up.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
So no obvious reason why he trashed her publicly?

Not that I know of. I'm guessing he framed it that way a defense of himself over all the turnover that has been happening there in the past year.

Bit of a dick move either way.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
DK's always been a petulant schmuck. Things aren't to his liking? Smear campaign. Did it with Despres, did it with Bennett, seems to do it with his employees.

Dude deserves nothing but utter failure. Maybe that'd wake him up and be the catalyst for the guy being a better journalist/person.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I still have a sub to his site and Katie Brown was who he hired to replace Yohe. She used to be an NHL.com writer who covered the Caps. She was kinda bleh to be honest. Not much of a loss writing-wise. But then I never thought Yohe was that special either. Both him and Brown are writers who don't offer a ton of insight. They're good at covering the team and reporting on things, but that's as far as it goes.

Matt Gatjka is the true prize DK has and he'll really be hurting if he leaves. Gatkja offers strong analysis and has some interesting analytics reporting to back it up.

LOL... he is awful... and I do mean awful

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I’d never want anyone to lose their job, but if someone has to, i hope it’s DK. I’d feel bad for the others working for his site when it comes crumbling down, though.

exHornet

May 14, 2014
The interesting thing about Brown is how much DK sang her praises after she came on board, talking about how talented she was, etc etc etc. All of DK's mouth-breathing fans were fawning all over her, as well, speaking of her as though she was another Hemingway. She was, in fact, mediocre, but none of the DK's sheep would admit to that.

Of course, now that she's gone, it's good riddance. Nobody there will ever cross DK in the comments section, unless those that do are just getting erased.

One thing I'll say for DK is, he sure knows how to breed sheep.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
The interesting thing about Brown is how much DK sang her praises after she came on board, talking about how talented she was, etc etc etc. All of DK's mouth-breathing fans were fawning all over her, as well, speaking of her as though she was another Hemingway. She was, in fact, mediocre, but none of the DK's sheep would admit to that.

Of course, now that she's gone, it's good riddance. Nobody there will ever cross DK in the comments section, unless those that do are just getting erased.

One thing I'll say for DK is, he sure knows how to breed sheep.
Yes for sure. I was his developer for a long time, inherited a mess and stabilized it and he had nothing but good things to say about me until we parted ways. Then he threatened to twitter sue me and mentioned me on twitter to get his minions all riled up. He wanted to sue me for putting things on "super secret servers and under documenting"

Little more context: I tried to fire him as a client in December (2015) because he was very rude and unprofessional to me (suggested he find another company and I'd be more then happy to help him search for one and screen them). He begged me to stay and I agreed. Late Jan was cc'ed on an email saying from this point forward someone else would be handling all aspects of the site. Literally the last email he sent me said "We'll never have anything but praise for you and your work", then no contact for 2 months, one day in April I woke up at 7am with 30 missed calls, 12 texts and 300 twitter notifications because the site crashed months after I had left and the new developer didn't understand the tech I had used and didnt want to pay me to do knowledge transfer for him. What a dickhead

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yes for sure. I was his developer for a long time, inherited a mess and stabilized it and he had nothing but good things to say about me until we parted ways. Then he threatened to twitter sue me and mentioned me on twitter to get his minions all riled up with a total bull**** rendition of events.

Little more context: I tried to fire him as a client in December (2015) because he was very rude and unprofessional to me (suggested he find another company and I'd be more then happy to help him search for one and screen them). He begged me to stay and I agreed. Late Jan was cc'ed on an email saying from this point forward someone else would be handling all aspects of the site. Literally the last email he sent me said "We'll never have anything but praise for you and your work", then no contact for 2 months, one day in April I woke up at 7am with 30 missed calls, 12 texts and 300 twitter notifications because the site crashed months after I had left and the new developer didn't understand the tech I had used and didnt want to pay me to do knowledge transfer for him. What a ********

Hardly a surprise. I hope you told him to go **** himself when his site crashed.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
I really can't wait until my subscription runs out. DKPS has gone completely downhill. Dude treats his employees like pieces of meat and then whines like a little ***** when they leave.

It would be palatable if the site was improving, but it's not.

DK is a huge douche. Whining is what he does best,no doubt.

exHornet

May 14, 2014
I have another couple of years to go on my subscription, but I doubt he'll be around that long.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
Hardly a surprise. I hope you told him to go **** himself when his site crashed.
I told him I could no longer correspond with him except through an attorney since he was threatening litigation... which obviously he never followed through on as there was no case. He's on his 3rd dev company after me.

Wasn't a surprise to me either. I saw how he went through staff and how he treated them on their exit, I knew at some point I'd be in his crosshairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->