Pitkanen vs. Martin

• Thread starter Deleted member 28548
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger's Pancreas*

And now some negative things about everyone's favorite Finn (including myself). Joni Pitkanen came over at twenty and started on a tear in the NHL. He was fantastic but then Hitch decided that he needs to improve the little things. Joni was getting caught in pinches and elite defenseman don't do that, Hitch knows it and tried to correct the mistakes. Joni only averaged 16 minutes a game in his first year and played in the playoffs but came to be a liability (much like Martin was). He moved on last year and played in the AHL where we was a strong top pairing defenseman who found his mean streak and put on twenty pounds while he was at it. Once the playoffs came around this time he dominated games and consistently was used on the PP and PK. He shut down the other teams lines and consistently carried the puck into the other team's zone unchallenged. My point is that he has improved his game and is starting to put the pieces together he was't always this stellar rookie.

If you want to pick someone based on points then I would look at Pitkanen this year. Joni will be in the top four pairing for the Flyers and probably be on the second powerplay unit compiling twenty minutes a game. He's going to be playing behind Forsberg and will most likely compile secondary assists like nobody's business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad