Pitkanen/Bouwmeester

Status
Not open for further replies.

db23

I notice that both of these guys played a lot less than usual in their past couple of games. Anynone know the reasons? Pitkanen was down to 10 minutes last game.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
db23 said:
I notice that both of these guys played a lot less than usual in their past couple of games. Anynone know the reasons? Pitkanen was down to 10 minutes last game.

BUSTS! :joker:

CoolburnIsGone

Bouwmeester had a broken foot and was out for 6 weeks. First game back they tried to play him his usual mins and wasn't as effective. FL sent him on a 2 game conditioning stint in the AHL and he's come back looking better than that 1st game back. But in the last 5 games, he's still averaging a lot of mins (except for the Isles game). He's just not averaging his usual 23 mins/game. His ice time will increase pretty soon the way he's played in the last 3 games (3 assists +2). They tried to get him back into the flow too quickly both right after the injury and then after the conditioning stint.

db23

Pitkanen seems injury prone, will this be a problem over his career do you think?

db23

He missed a lot of time in Finland last year, and has had a litany of injuries so far this year in the NHL, although none of them have been long term.

Concussions and knee is what makes me ask if it could be a problem.

Liquidrage*

db23 said:
He missed a lot of time in Finland last year, and has had a litany of injuries so far this year in the NHL, although none of them have been long term.

Concussions and knee is what makes me ask if it could be a problem.

To be honest, from what I could gather if he had been in the NHL last year or already under contract last year he would have played. The knees weren't serious and he just had scopes.

As far as head injuries, he needs to change his play style. Right now he'll take a huge hit just to make a little play on the puck. He needs to get his stick out infront of him more and be more prepared to take a hit.

Hammerwise

Jun 13, 2002
Visit site
Pitkanen is not injury prone...the kid is not used to more than 40 games a season and has worn down a bit.

So far he looks the more talented of the two. JBo has more experience and plays on a poorer team so its difficult to judge, but Pitkanen has shown flashes of more offensive potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->