GDT: @ PIT

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Absolutely ridiculous that Seguin took that shot from the corner on the previous play. We finally had control of the puck and he just throws it from a bad angle off of a Penguins player

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Jamie Benn is awful. Devin Shore is awful. Spezza is awful.

Janmark, Seguin, Radulov are the only three forwards we have.. everyone else is 3rd/4th liner or Top 6'r who sucks.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
At this point I don’t see how the stars make the playoffs. Have y’all seen the rest of the schedule

I have no confidence in us making the playoffs whatsoever. St. Louis cruised to a dominant win over LA last night and Colorado is the team that will truly overtake us. We missed a crucial 2 points and could've gained ground on Minnesota tonight because they lost to the Oilers yesterday. Just awful.

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
Benn has a couple of puck races in the third he lost, and he should have been in on them. Is he playing hurt, in decline, or not giving full effort? All three options are scary in their own way.

Yeah quite possible on any one of those options. It's sad when Betty White is outskating you and generating more offense.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I was on a flight so missed the game. (Sounds like a good thing).

Was the Benn-Seguin-Radulov line back together or no?

I think hitch has to live by the sword and put those 3 together the rest of the way.

I know we have a heavy road schedule the rest of the way and with the other teams having the last change can put their best shutdown line against our top guys i say challenge it and back our big guys to beat them.

Looks to be our only way of scoring even strength.

We are a huge chance of missing out now.

Benns play worries us all..maybe he needs to try something different like start a fight early or something to skae him up.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I was on a flight so missed the game. (Sounds like a good thing).

Was the Benn-Seguin-Radulov line back together or no?

I think hitch has to live by the sword and put those 3 together the rest of the way.

I know we have a heavy road schedule the rest of the way and with the other teams having the last change can put their best shutdown line against our top guys i say challenge it and back our big guys to beat them.

Looks to be our only way of scoring even strength.

We are a huge chance of missing out now.

Benns play worries us all..maybe he needs to try something different like start a fight early or something to skae him up.

They were back together and had some very dangerous looks and scoring chances (3 on 1, Radulov had 2 half-breakaways, etc) but Hitchcock split them up in the 3rd period so he could get the big and dominant line of Benn-Seguin-Ritchie out there because that has proven to be so effective repeatedly (sarcasm). Ritchie has to go so Hitch will stop playing him as a top 6 forward. He needs to be traded (likely put on waivers eventually next year though or included in a trade for a bigger piece).

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
I'm no Hitch fan but its obvious he sees the same thing from Benn that we do and is demoting him down the lineup because of his lack of gamesmanship. Its no surprise after every game he calls out his top players. Seguin has been a revelation and Radulov is love, so I'll leave you to figure out what message he's trying to send to whom.

He knows this team doesn't win if we don't get Beast Mode Jamie but for whatever reason we don't get that anymore, so he's trying to push his buttons by calling him out postgame and demoting him from his buddy's line.

Honestly if this decline of his continues I wouldn't be shocked if he loses the C in a year or two over someone who works harder night in and night out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad