GDT: @ PIT

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
jamie oleksiak is a bottom pairing defenseman,,, exceedieng his drAft's stock, big PULVerizing 6-foot-7 behemoth wow can he skate... great sister OLYMPIAN Penny O

we should respect and miss him a lot .... he is a treasure i cnat believe the PEns gave up a 4th round pick

wow incredible, wjats his Corsica anyway

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
I really hope Oleksiak plays Big Minutes. Maybe Pitt coaching staff will want to “show him off” against the team that traded him. I keep reading how much he’s changed. I don’t see it. It really helps Dallas to have Oleksiak out on the ice.
Pittsburgh has struggled defensively lately, and Dallas has struggled offensively. Which will win out?

Malkin better keep his head up:D

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I was amused when the Pens played Oleksiak 4vs4 yesterday and it lead to a classic Jamie O move . Lose the puck trying to skate out of own zone and turning it over while falling down leading to a great scoring chance for the other team. Absolutely nothing i have seem from Oleksiak with the Pens makes him look any better than he was with us.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He hasn't impressed me with them lol Pens fans act like he's a god, yet they say he is playing up to his potential as a bottom pairing dman on a bad defensive team lmao

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Because the Stars had bad defensive numbers the past couple of seasons (before this one), everyone seems to have just assumed it's because the Dallas defensemen were terrible. But they weren't - Ruff's "system" just hung 'em out to dry constantly. With a proper defensive system, the Stars are now 4th best in both goals against per game and pk% and 3rd in shots against per game. Our 8th and 9th best defensemen at the start of the season are playing like typical bottom four guys in Colorado and Pittsburgh.

It's been a nice turnaround, and I hope Penny's brother gets lots of ice-time to try to recreate the "Mammoth Pixie" maneuver. :D Without being able to reliably line-match Faksa against Malkin though, this could easily turn out worse than the last meeting.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
With the way we have been playing lately, unless we somehow find a way to score 3+ goals, I don't have confidence in us in this game against a team that consistently does that. Lehtonen will have to be very strong in net tonight otherwise it's over before it begins

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Oleksiak made a nice play on that 3 on 1 with Benn. Still bottom pairing tho :laugh:

No clue why Benn didn't try to saucer that pass over. Oleksiak was right next to him and has a long reach of course he's gonna block that pass. Still a nice play but Benn has too much skill to just slide that across the ice

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
No clue why Benn didn't try to saucer that pass over. Oleksiak was right next to him and has a long reach of course he's gonna block that pass. Still a nice play but Benn has too much skill to just slide that across the ice

I know. Benn needed a little finess on that poor pass attempt. 2 minutes for a piss-poor pass. Huh? :D

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It was still a really weak one . Yeah unneccesary but that was a weak penalty.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
It was still a really weak one . Yeah unneccesary but that was a weak penalty.

People get penalties for love tap slashes in the NHL now. Adapt or be left behind.

And Methot probably shouldnt be cutting down JOSH JOORIS of all Pens players. Save those moments for a guy like 71 or 87.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Really nice move by Spezza. Didn't get a shot off, but I will say we have not seen any of those moves pulled off by him this year (successfully)

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad