Proposal: PIT-TOR

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
In any deal involving Letang with the leafs Kadri MUST be a part of it. Although I'm not sure that helps the leafs, but Kadri, a 2hd rounder and Gardiner is the minimum it would likely take. There could be other pieces involved but........
Unrealistic.

Not happening.

Why would the Pens even want to trade Letang, anyway?

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
It is funny you added to the list of players that where mistreated but could only list 2 players who likely signed their last contracts where opportunity and cash were likely the deciding factors.

It's funny because I selected players from the last three years and you're comparing them only to players signed this summer. Greening is still in our organization. Michalek and Cowen were all out of the NHL for good we demoted them. Laich is the only one to actually play hockey in a competitive league this year and that didn't last very long. If you think that us sending bloated contracts for old men to the Marlies is "mistreating" players, that's your business. But the Leafs aren't a country club and the team is not an old boys network. Those guys weren't NHL players when we sent them down (and when they were traded to us), so NHL players don't need to worry about the Leafs.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Gardiner + Bozak + JVR for Letang + Sheary? Reunite the boys with Phil on the Pens 3rd line (was Toronto’s first line for years) while swapping Letang for Gardiner. I’d prefer to keep JVR and resign him, but for a shot at a rejuvenated Letang on the Leafs it’s a move I’d take a shot at making for sure. Pretty sure Bozak and jvr could be talked into re-signing in Pittsburgh fair deals to stay with their pal Kessel.

The Penguins side of the deal contains a lot of rental players (no surprise). Pittsburgh already has $61 million dollars of signed contracts for 2018-19. I don't think its a matter of "talking Bozak and JVR" into deals, but more an issue of whether this is a wise way to spend scarce cap dollars on these players. Then again, that probably wasn't a prime consideration in the post as it often isn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad