Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] Stuart Percy (1 year/2-way, $575K AAV)

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
With Oleksy, Ruhwedel, Warsofsky, and Gaunce all getting contracts too, Idk if this is a better scenario for Percy, but if given a chance, I think he can stick.

Good luck to Stu!

EscapeGoat

We The North
Mar 27, 2013
The Hockey Mecca
Was a really bright prospect for the Leafs. A slew of injuries have made him expendable though.

Might be able to crack the top 4 of a poor NHL team if he finds his game.

TheBudsForever

May 5, 2002
Visit site
Anybody who watched the Marlies play in the regular season and the playoffs knows that he was a human turnover machine. He was just terrible this past season. That being said, I wish him the best of luck and hope that he finds his game.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Small and slow and he got hurt because he is small and slow

6'1 doesn't make him small... He's not the swiftest skater, and doesn't have a lot of offensive potential. He doesn't have a rocket of a shot, he isn't an amazing playmaker, and he won't be skating with the puck a lot. He's a stay at home guy, who showed to have a great first pass in his brief stint in the nhl. He's basically another Petter grandberg, another former highly praised stay at home defensemen from when nonis was the gm, but was let go for nothing by new management. New management seems focused on defensemen who can skate.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
Good luck in Pitts Stu, hope you can land on your feet there. Never felt like he was given an entirely fair chance here in Toronto.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
I don't see him beating out Prow or Bengtsson for a spot considering the team we're trying to build.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'm going to say this. Rutherford stole one here. Little to no risk, for a player that may turn up aces for Pittsburg. Percy has the head to play this game. Always had a high IQ game. If he can translate this to the physical part of the game. The Pens may have a sleeper here. Another good move by Rutherford who is on quite the run of good moves of late.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
I remember when he was better than Damon Severson. Supposedly. But damn what happened?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad