Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] Stuart Percy (1 year/2-way, $575K AAV)

buttman*

He has gotten slower every year since drafted. Smart player but no wheels.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Damn. He had so much promise when drafted. His first stint in the NHL he looked great. Best of luck to the guy.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
We needed some dman depth. He's #8 or so...so not terrible.

stavs*

Oct 11, 2010
Toronto
He's actually good, not sure how he never stuck with the Leafs.

2 years ago he was good, but has never really showed any progress since then. He's been leap frogged by our younger defensive prospects, and I can see why the Leafs wanted nothing to do with him anymore. He should be a good fill in on Scranton, but don't expect him in the NHL. Either way I am happy for him because I always liked the guy

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
I hope he succeeds. He was a great prospect and his early stint in the NHL was awesome. He got injured, lost his wheels and then got lost on our defensive depth chart. Hopefully he breaks through with a fresh start on one of the best teams in the league!

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
Could be a steal for the Pens. He looked good and still young, don't know what happened to him. I still rank him higher then some of the D on the Leafs tbh.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
I liked Percy. I understand why they let him go given the other guys we have in the system and his failure to really break in. At the same time, I don't think he was given all the opportunities to stick.

He's an unspectacular defender, but always seemed very poised and comfortable on the ice. I didn't think his wheels were a big problem when I saw him play.

Don't know about the pens' depth at D, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a good number of games.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
He's actually good, not sure how he never stuck with the Leafs.

He kept getting banged up at bad times. Then looked bad upon returning. It was a viscous cycle for a bit. Unfortunate, but he does possess some decent upside. Hope he does well with Pit.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I always found it interesting how Jimmy Rutherford has always had this tendency to target ex-Leafs.

Is Tyler Biggs still a Penguin? Now they have both the Leafs firsts from 2011.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Damn. He had so much promise when drafted. His first stint in the NHL he looked great. Best of luck to the guy.

I always liked Percy but he did not quite meet up to expectations . I hope the change of scene will kick start his career. Could still prove to be a useful player for the Pen.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Finally we can stop have Leafs offers where they try to shovel Percy down your throat. As I said all the time, he didin´t have any value in a trade...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad