Waived: [PIT] F Colin White waived by the Penguins (claimed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
I swear, I’ve never understood the Dubas hype.
Me either. A bunch of neckbeards on the Vancouver board thought the guy could walk on water or split the atom. Never understood why he was in such regard. Made a couple layup picks and wore glasses. Made several dumb signings and trades.

Reactions: Umingmak

Apr 9, 2009
USA
l love how everyone is bringing up Dubas for signing basically a minimum contract for a player who had zero expectations. Can you guys find something less impactful to complain about? This seems to be pretty low on the "why would anyone even care about this" meter.

Nobody thought he was an answer. Literally nobody.

I'm not even trying to defend Dubas. The Pens kinda suck. I just don't understand the obsession with these small vet deals that were signed for warm bodies.

Reactions: banks and Ciao

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What’s even crazier is back in 2019, he signed a 6 year, $28.5 million contract extension with the Sens on the back of an epic 14 goal, -24 season. Adjusted slightly for cap rising, that’s essentially a 6x$5 million contract. Lest anybody think the Sens handing out huge deals a year or two too soon is a newer occurance…

Because of his age, they were able to write off 10.5M of it by buying him out.

There are a few benefits of paying out for younger players.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Depends who you ask, really...

You ask one group, all he does is waste assets on rentals for pipedream runs
Ask another group and all he does is bring in non-factor middle roster players
And ask yet another and he only plays the waiver wire

I've never seen a GM get shit on for doing "nothing" over so so many different things :laugh:
All a product of running teams paying a bunch of guys at the top of the market like no one else has thought of this

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
demi-moore-sad.gif

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Whatever went wrong with White? I remember him a first round pick, had a good WJC.
Injuries. He's recovered obviously he's just not the impact player he once was. I think at best, you're getting a replacement level 4th line wing. At best, you're getting a vet AHL player who can help young guys.

Reactions: Scintillating10

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
It's kind of funny that Dubas' modus operandi is "what would Ottawa do?", and then he goes and signs our rejects after we finally learn they are not part of the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad