Waived: [PIT] D Ryan Shea waived by the Penguins (cleared)

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
In another life I stanned for this player over Brady skjei… the names are close too.

Jk I’d never insult skjei like that.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Absolutely moronic to waive Shea before Rudwedel.

I will be upset if he's claimed. The Penguins need to hang on to young, cheap dmen like this.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I will be upset if he's claimed. The Penguins need to hang on to young, cheap dmen like this.

I know the Penguins are old as hell, but Shea turns 27 in like 2 months. That's not "young" :laugh:

Shea's a whatever #7 defenseman. No one is going to claim a soon to be 27 year old #7 defenseman. Ruhwedel is being kept over him because he's a righty while all of Shea, POJ and Ludvig are lefties.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013

I don't disagree with you, but he's not getting claimed.

Shea and Ruh are a wash to me, neither have any real impact on the game whatsoever.

Reactions: SEALBound

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Just out of curiosity - is there a reason why he's trying to push so many through?
I kinda feel like in some cases it’s to squeeze more out of their performance. Like Hinostroza, they waived him but he was in the lineup later that day. Maybe just a little wake up call, can’t be more sobering than knowing 31 other teams don’t want you for free.

Aside from that I think we have a little too much depth in WB/S, so much they’re having to scratch guys to fit under the AHL veteran limit. That could be another reason.

Reactions: Mike Jones

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Penguins currently have 4 players on IR. Joseph just came off IR. They currently have I believe 6 players called up from WBS that need waivers to be sent back down. Which is why they are waiving guys. If they go through waives and clear, they can be sent down without having to go on waivers again within a set time frame.

Dubas is just getting things ready for when players are cleared to return to the lineup, like Rakell tonight.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan

I'd rather have Shea over Rudwedel as well.

Honestly don't think either have shown anything to be claimed. Shea was a small surprise and should be the #7 over Rud though.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
You say that, but the puck tends to randomly funnel to Ruhwedel for 74 MPH slapshot attempts in the O zone more often than not.
I don't disagree with you, but he's not getting claimed.

Shea and Ruh are a wash to me, neither have any real impact on the game whatsoever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad