Confirmed Trade: [PIT/CAR] Josh Jooris for Greg McKegg

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Just imagine being a fan of them. 2006 literally feels like a lifetime ago. So does 2009, the last time we made the playoffs.

Francis is an awful GM. Can't wait to acquire another Blackhawks castoff this offseason. More Darlings and Rasks signing long term, too.

I guess there's still some hope he's like Cheveldayoff, rarely doing anything, but when the team shows enough he's willing to do a lot.

Problem is the Canes still aren't there... so waiting on more prospects to step up and make an impact... waiting.. yup

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Is Jooris any good?

Ideal 11th/12th forward. Tenacious, good hands, good vision, can PK, skates well, not undersized, can play center or RW. He'll probably never again play as well as he did in 2014-15 where he got opportunity with guys like Gaudreau, Hudler, and Monahan, but here's a video of him from that year:

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Ideal 11th/12th forward. Tenacious, good hands, good vision, can PK, skates well, not undersized, can play center or RW. He'll probably never again play as well as he did in 2014-15 where he got opportunity with guys like Gaudreau, Hudler, and Monahan, but here's a video of him from that year:

Thanks. Guy is faster then I thought he was. Doesn't play much behind the net (at least from those goals). But he's smart enough (or was anyway) to hang around the net. I think this was a good low key pickup. Someone that can be our 11/12th F and actually add value to us while addressing a need (#5C, PK-C, a little skill in a depth role).

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
I personally don't get this deal. Not a biggie, but JR should have been more concerned getting a depth Dman than a 5th or 6th center.

Reactions: Pens x

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I personally don't get this deal. Not a biggie, but JR should have been more concerned getting a depth Dman than a 5th or 6th center.

This is our "better than Rowney" C/W who can PK and is a RHS. It's so that Rowney isn't our 1st/2nd call up if we have an injury or need a PK center or just a C in general. And it cost us absolutely nothing.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I liked Jooris' game a lot...he inexplicably ended up in Peters dog house shortly after scoring 2 goals. I'm sure he's glad he got moved.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Just an AHL swap for a better center depth if needed.
Rowney is still ahead in the depth chart then Jooris, but it's good to have options.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I honestly don't think Kegger is crap... he is nothing special, but he is very fast and has over a full year of NHL games under his belt... he beat out some better upside prospects at the start of the season for 4th line center here... if you are looking for a fast 4 th line energy player he may work...

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Sounds like we found Sid's new RW..... I'm not joking

Reactions: NJPensFan5

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

I'm sure he tried listening to his interview but the prices were probably just too much
This is ok going forward as Jooris can fight for 4th line duty next year

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I honestly don't think Kegger is crap... he is nothing special, but he is very fast and has over a full year of NHL games under his belt... he beat out some better upside prospects at the start of the season for 4th line center here... if you are looking for a fast 4 th line energy player he may work...
Jay friggin McClement was McKegg’s biggest competition in the pre season. None of those upside prospect centers played all that well and they are all still buried in the minors.
McKegg only earned a spot because Rutherford went on a 2 month bender this offseason and didn’t do a damn thing with our roster. We started the year with 4 AHL idiots in the lineup.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Rowney is awful. Jooris should be able to pass him in the depth chart easily
Maybe, but since he was immediately assigned to WBS, it doesn't seem that way, especially with the 4 centers cemented, Rowney will probably stay as 13th/14th and Jooris in WBS as insurance.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Maybe, but since he was immediately assigned to WBS, it doesn't seem that way, especially with the 4 centers cemented, Rowney will probably stay as 13th/14th and Jooris in WBS as insurance.
I'm going to be disappointed if JJ is in the AHL and Rowney is playing regularly once we're healthy. Give JJ some games to learn the system... but after that, he needs to replace CR.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I'm going to be disappointed if JJ is in the AHL and Rowney is playing regularly once we're healthy. Give JJ some games to learn the system... but after that, he needs to replace CR.
Would you really be surprised if Rowney starts over JJ? Sullivan has made head-scratching line-up decisions all season. The Pens haven’t started the best players for this entire season.

See Rowney, Reaves, McKegg, Kuhnhackl and Hunwick.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Would you really be surprised if Rowney starts over JJ? Sullivan has made head-scratching line-up decisions all season. The Pens haven’t started the best players for this entire season.

See Rowney, Reaves, McKegg, Kuhnhackl and Hunwick.

Hard to take your player evaluation seriously after how much you bitched about Sheahan.
And at this point in the season, he's on pace for 36.4 points. What a terrible player. So yeah, excuse me when I ignore you complaining about others and how we "haven't started the best players for this entire season".

I mean:
Pens x said:
I hate this trade as a Pens fan.

Sheahan is a fourth line center and we have plenty of these type of players. We need a legitimate third line center. Plus we gave away a third round pick and lost cap space in the process.
Pens x said:
Sheahan has scored more than 25 points in a season ONCE. Bones was ripped apart last year for nearly notchinf 40 points.

Sheahan isn't a third line center.
Pens x said:
I'm sick of buying high on these below average players. Why on earth are you making this trade? I wouldn't trade Wilson for Sheahan straight up unless Detroit retains. So you give them a third round pick too? He's a friggin cap dump, Detroit needs to sweeten the deal for you.

We did Detroit a huge favor here
Pens x said:
Sheahan is just settling if you are the Pens. 0 points so far in 7 games this season. His poor production is no longer just a poor season but it's becoming the norm for him.
Pens x said:
Yup and people trying to convince themselves that Riley Sheahan isn't awful is in full force.

Or my personal favorites:
Pens x said:
No, I wish I was wrong <snip> Until then I'm just going to have to not get worked up every time I see fans praising and defending Sheahan.
Pens x said:
Do you really want to give Sheahan 30+ games to prove he's anything beyond a fourth line center? That seems foolish. I certainly hope management isn't holding its breath for him and are aggressively pursuing legitimate options. I'd happily take friggin Sutter back over Sheahan at this point.

All I'm saying is that I hope management isn't waiting around to see what Sheahan can do at third line center.
Pens x said:
im glad some of you are starting to realize Sheahan is trash. It's a joke we willingly traded for him.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Hard to take your player evaluation seriously after how much you *****ed about Sheahan.
And at this point in the season, he's on pace for 36.4 points. What a terrible player. So yeah, excuse me when I ignore you complaining about others and how we "haven't started the best players for this entire season".

I mean:

Or my personal favorites:
Lol, let’s see what happens to Sheahan’s production once Kessel and Guentzel are done inflating his stats. But I’m sure you have excuses ready to go when that happens.

As for the matter at hand, do you disagree that Kuhn, Rowney and Reaves have played all season when all have been downright awful? Do you really think we don’t/didn’t have better players on the roster? Was it not a joke that Cole was benched in favor of Hunwick?

All I’m saying is while JJ might be better than Rowney, and Im sure he is, unfortunately, that doesn’t mean he will play over Rowney.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad