Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Anybody else played this yet? I've put a few hours in and I am certainly enjoying it. It is alot more open world than 1, you can go basically anywhere. I basically just finished the first isle than started exploring at random but after stumbling into at least a few places that were clearly sidequests I had never started I decided to head straight to main city. Just entered there. The seafaring thing so far seems interesting but I don't know that I am enjoying it as much as the reviewers are. I'm more about the storylines.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Pretty much every day I hover over the "buy" button, but then remember I still have a large backlog to work through.

We'll see which side wins.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Couldn't get into the first one so I'm passing on this one.

Waiting for D:OS2 to go on sale to satisfy that itch.

Avellone spilling his guts on Obsidian and the people behind this game has made me very unlikely to buy more of their game unfortunately. Sounds like a studio with lots of great people but run by a complete asswipe.

Reactions: SniperHF

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I still haven't played the first one. In fact, I'm so behind on my backlog of RPGs, in general, that I'm only now finally playing Planescape: Torment. My backlog is 19 years long :(. On the bright side, I'm gaming like it's 1999.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad