Pierre's love this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

espo*

Kasparov said:
:biglaugh:

By the way, you sir, are one of my favorite posters on this site.. just saying. :innocent:
Thanks,apreciate it.I'm sure as hell not everyones favourite around here. ;)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Rabid Ranger said:
I loved McGuire's slow but steady backtracking on Kessel not being a good distributor of the puck during the Norway game. In addition to having the skating ability of Pat LaFontaine and the shot of Brett Hull, he also apparently has the passing ability of Dale Hawerchuk! :biglaugh:

I thought that was really funny cause Pierre always tries to use examples of great players from the player's own nationality when he's drawing parralels of skills... sorry Pierre... Ducky is from Ontario.

I also loved the sequence later in the game where they have an iso shot on Kessel on the PP and he's talking about his great escapability and smartness... and he did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING during the shot... made a couple of curls and that was it. Then later he was talking about how special Erik Johnson was on a end-to-end rush and what a smart player he was not taking chances, and at the end of the replay Johnson loses the puck at the offensive blueline and it was almost an odd man rush the other way.

But the best part was when Gord mentioned something about a couple of Johnson's on the blue line and then I guess he realized what he had said cause he was chuckling a bit.

Overall, I like the two of them calling games together... way better than the godawful duo of Roger Millions and Ryan Walter doing Flames broadcasts... yech!

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
jet228 said:
I thought that was really funny cause Pierre always tries to use examples of great players from the player's own nationality when he's drawing parralels of skills... sorry Pierre... Ducky is from Ontario.

I also loved the sequence later in the game where they have an iso shot on Kessel on the PP and he's talking about his great escapability and smartness... and he did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING during the shot... made a couple of curls and that was it. Then later he was talking about how special Erik Johnson was on a end-to-end rush and what a smart player he was not taking chances, and at the end of the replay Johnson loses the puck at the offensive blueline and it was almost an odd man rush the other way.

But the best part was when Gord mentioned something about a couple of Johnson's on the blue line and then I guess he realized what he had said cause he was chuckling a bit.

Overall, I like the two of them calling games together... way better than the godawful duo of Roger Millions and Ryan Walter doing Flames broadcasts... yech!

Does Walter even speak? I caught those too during the Flames/Preds match-up last night, and I hardly heard a peep out of him. Millions is Captain Obvious for sure.

nneate

Jul 24, 2005
Canada
So far during the swiss game it seems that Downey is in the front running!

"Watch Downey, he really is a special player... look at that crisp pass through the middle to set up the scoring opportunity, you know I havn't seen Cogliano since that last powerplay, you know who seems to be taking over his line? Downey. "

Transported Upstater

I found myself screaming "Whammo!" while watching a Leafs game the other day.

Damn you Pierre.

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
When I think of Pierre McGuire the terms "stretch pass" and "identify" immidiately pop into my head...

Steve466

Apr 21, 2005
Now, I missed some of the Canada-Switzerland game, but I don't think I heard Pierre say the word "monster" once. If that's the case, it's gotta be a first for him. Too preoccupied with talking about integrity maybe.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Not a mention of Phaneuf, Parise or comparisons to Keon or Trottier that I caught in the game today :eek: although i love his new word of the tourney.... physical duress :biglaugh:

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Andrew_11 said:
Not a mention of Phaneuf, Parise or comparisons to Keon or Trottier that I caught in the game today :eek: although i love his new word of the tourney.... physical duress :biglaugh:

He did mention Phaneuf in the first period.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
It's a tossup between Staal, Bourdon, and Downie so far, it seems.

I was afraid Pierre was going to start literally crying at the end there, he seemed so extremely broken up about the ref's lack of "integrity"

QcS

Sep 13, 2003
au Québec!
Visit site
there should be a "Pierre's hate" thread.. it seems like he throws around more of it than love.

His commenting this year has made it VERY difficult for me to watch the games on TSN.. i'm almost tempted to wait for the game on tape delay on RDS. He constantly whines and he's so biased that he brings down everything NOT Canadian and will excuse anything wrong done by canadian players. Last night's whining about the officials was totally embarrassing.

I don't know how he got his job there, but the person who thought it would be a good idea to have Mcguire do the world juniors is seriously lacking in judgement.
:shakehead

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
Red said:
It's a tossup between Staal, Bourdon, and Downie so far, it seems.

For me it's Downie with a clear lead. You can hear a change in Pierre's voice when he starts talking about Downie. He gets all giddy, sometimes he giggles, but mostly he just starts yelling about how great a player Steve Downie is. He keeps reminding everyone how Downie was brought on as the 13th forward but now he's teh most roxorz player!11!!!

I think he just uses Staal and Parent as an excuses to bring up Phaneuf and Weber from last year. "Staal is awesome, he and Parent are like Phaneuf and Weber last year." Bourdon is also getting a lot of love. His line with him still his usual "Get excited Vancouver. He's gonna be great for the next 10 years in Vancouver. I think they want to sign him right now..."

But this year his crush is really on Downie. Look how excited he got when Downie got Schremp kicked out of the faceoff. Or how when Chipchura scored the empty netter he kept repeating how unselfish Downie was for passing the puck ahead. Or how he giggles when Downie takes a penalty and doesn't yell the ref etc...

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
cyclops said:
It seems to be(and i know it's early!!) is that he LOVEEEEEEEEEs Justin Pogges puck-handling abiltiy.He put's it on early par with Martin Brodeur.

Again............................it's up to all to kill him or not.

He compared Pogge to Brodeur again today....ugh...

For a guy who had like 18 shots all game, 10 in the first two, I'm still trying to figure out how Pogge made "game breaking saves" :dunno:

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Leph28 said:
He constantly whines and he's so biased that he brings down everything NOT Canadian and will excuse anything wrong done by canadian players.

He's like Don Cherry....but instead of 6 minutes, he gets the entire night.

Ugh.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Metallian said:
He compared Pogge to Brodeur again today....ugh...

For a guy who had like 18 shots all game, 10 in the first two, I'm still trying to figure out how Pogge made "game breaking saves" :dunno:
He compared Pagge's puckhandling ability to Martin Broduer's.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Does Walter even speak? I caught those too during the Flames/Preds match-up last night, and I hardly heard a peep out of him. Millions is Captain Obvious for sure.

Actually, Ryan makes for a great german ref in movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->