Pierre Mcguire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taft

Jan 8, 2003
Visit site
I was in Grand Forks for the Canada/Finland game last week and the most entertaining thing about the game was watching McGuire do his monster performer spiel after the game. The guy is intense, smart and funny - IF you don't take him too seriously.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Koltsov said:
I might be in the minority here, but I enjoy McGuire's work. Sure he may say some dumb things, or be a little over the top, but atleast he keeps people interested. He's entertaining, a lot more than can be said for most colour guys. He's got his own style, he says controversial things, but I respect him for doing that.
Agreed, on every part of your post.

nucks2win

Jul 20, 2003
Edmonton
I don't mind McGuire - he's go over the top once in a while, but way better than most others, especially when compared to Harry Neale or Greg Millen.

I also think he secretly wants to marry Jeff Carter, he's obsessed with him, he talks about him during almost every break.

I thought it was Phaneuf. Same dif, I guess.

MacDaddy TLC*

Pierre McGuire and his excitement and knowledge for the game is a refreshing change from the stooges that played the game, or the whiney nasalloids.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
kmad better watch out. Bob McKenzie and Gord Miller already post here. Pierre McGuire is next! He's going to pull a WHAMMO on you.

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
I can't stand Pierre McGuire. I can't deny his incredibly knowledge of the game but I hate the way he has to shout about everything. He tends to over-analyze and also lacks a sense of humour. It just seems that everytime Gord Miller stops to breathe Pierre McGuire is there to yell out some rather minute detail that is fairly insignificant. I just get the feeling that he can't enjoy a good game of hockey because he's too busy auditioning for a coaching job.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Just for the sake of trying it. Listen to PM every week day morning on The Team 1200. When he can just talk hockey without putting on a show he's downright awsome.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Try Steve Konroyd,( since fired) Glenn Healy( fired), John Garrett, Brian Hayward and worse yet, Jim Fox, worse still Greg Millen and there are more yes Denis Potvin who may be intelligent but i cannot get past the horrible voive and delivery. McGuire is one of my favorites even if i do not always agree.

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
kmad said:
This guy is the worst color commentator of all time.

I'm not the most objective voice on this, but Pierre, along with J.D., are the best colour commentators going right now, which is why when the lockout ends Pierre will be coming to an NBC telecast near you. Pierre's a monster!!

:bow:

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Someone should point out the goal totals for Ovechkin and Crosby to McGuire, given that he went completely off-topic a few days ago to mention them and get in a cheap shot at Ovechkin.

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
OneSpeedOnly said:
I'm with kmad, McGuire is a bigoted moron.
When you make a comment like that without foundation then decide not to back it up, it puts your own character , or lack of same, into question. Then again, you could have been joking.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Alexander Steen said:
Glen Healy sucks.

So much bias.

Agreed. If there is one commentator I can't stand (even more than Greg Millen), it's Glen Healy.

I actually don't mind Mcguire at all. I think he does his job well...and they're funny from time to time. :)

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
BobMckenzie said:
I'm not the most objective voice on this, but Pierre, along with J.D., are the best colour commentators going right now, which is why when the lockout ends Pierre will be coming to an NBC telecast near you. Pierre's a monster!!

:bow:

Really. So, he is leaving TSN?? That kinda sucks since I love TSN and also like to listen to both Miller and McGuire. They are 2 of the best going right now. McGuire does know his stuff too. About 5 minutes before Dawes' goal last night, he called it. He said he was due and he will get on the scoresheet tonight and then WHAMMO, sure enough, Dawes pots one.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I really enjoy what Pierre and Gord do on the TSN telecasts. I think they're an excellent team who are perfectly suited for one another, but that's just me.

MacDaddy TLC*

I doubt he is outright leaving TSN, especially for how little NBC regards hockey. It'll probably be more like what John Davidson does: he works for many networks as a freelancer. If he went to NBC exclusively, he just might as well become the invisible man.

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
#66 said:
Just for the sake of trying it. Listen to PM every week day morning on The Team 1200. When he can just talk hockey without putting on a show he's downright awsome.
He does the same on Mtl.'s Team990 at about 5.30/ daily on Mitch Melnick's show and is about the best source for hockey news we have in the English media in Mtl. He comes across as a class guy who doesn't forget the people that have helped him in the media and the hockey business. He can argue without getting nasty which is a nice trait these days.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
While Pierre goes over the top at times, I enjoy listening to him, and consider him to be among the best color men in the league.

Without the NHL Center Ice package this year, I think some forget about some of the just brutal play-by-play/color man combos in the NHL.

Camshaft77

Jan 3, 2005
Ontario
Does anyone else miss SAP?

that being said I enjoy Pierre, because he brings energy and alot of knowledge. He is the best colour man around.

Too bad him and Paul Romanuk never got a chance to do a game together.

JustynFoo

Oct 27, 2004
I personally like McGuire, but he'll never ever be as good as Pat Foley :yo:
His rant on Alexander Karpotsev is still the greatest thing I've ever heard :bow:

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
It's the same every time... first games in a tournament he treats the opponent team decently, then as the tournay goes on, he's less and less friendly to the other teams, and when there's a canadian team in the final it's all red and white and the others are silly, they duck, they fake,look at them controling the puck that's not hockey, and whaaaaaaaaaat this guy lost his helmet, that should have been a penalty, Gord that should have been a PENALTYYYYYYY according the international rules!!!! Pffff ah come on now, the canadian goalie shoveld the puck into the croud... oh come on, this can't be a penalty.. geez I know you people at home hate the officiating as much as we do, dont they Gord.. :lol

But overall he's a good announcer, he's knows his hockey, he's entertaining and tries to be impartial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->