reebokgloves25ok.jpg

reebokgloves3vx.jpg

rbkskatez7hv.jpg

rbkskate2sk.jpg

reebokfibercore2qi.jpg

reebokaccuflex9zv.jpg

rbkwoodblades5bj.jpg

rbkshaft2af.jpg

These pics were taken by "Wings" on MSH, so all credit goes to him.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
The skates look to be the Vector Pro with RBK in them.

And believe me, if you want to get new skates and ure gonna pay RBK/top of the line price range, get the XXX's if you like Bauers, Grafs or Vector Pro's, cuz I used all and like them, but the XXX's blow away the competition seriously. They are lighter than the Synergy skates as a kid on my team has the Synergies and I just got the XXX's. See the XXX post on here if you want to know what they're like.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
PanthersRule said:
The skates look to be the Vector Pro with RBK in them.

And believe me, if you want to get new skates and ure gonna pay RBK/top of the line price range, get the XXX's if you like Bauers, Grafs or Vector Pro's, cuz I used all and like them, but the XXX's blow away the competition seriously. They are lighter than the Synergy skates as a kid on my team has the Synergies and I just got the XXX's. See the XXX post on here if you want to know what they're like.

The deciding factor needs to be which skate fits your individual foot the best, not which skate is lighter or which skate looks cooler, etc.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Accord said:
The deciding factor needs to be which skate fits your individual foot the best, not which skate is lighter or which skate looks cooler, etc.
If the XXX's wre painted all black I wouldn't care. For my foot, as I only can play best in extremely stiff skates, the XXX's performance is unmatched by the Vectors, and the Grafs. That's just me though. But I think anyone who likes Bauer skates will love the XXX's. I still can't get over how great they feel and the added power you can get in your stride at least for me, and also, it makes u less tired on the ice, especially penalty killing, where you need to conserve energy when the puck is dumped. A few long strides from the faceoff dots in your own end, and you're already at the offensive blueline.

IkeaMonkey*

PanthersRule said:
If the XXX's wre painted all black I wouldn't care. For my foot, as I only can play best in extremely stiff skates, the XXX's performance is unmatched by the Vectors, and the Grafs. That's just me though. But I think anyone who likes Bauer skates will love the XXX's. I still can't get over how great they feel and the added power you can get in your stride at least for me, and also, it makes u less tired on the ice, especially penalty killing, where you need to conserve energy when the puck is dumped. A few long strides from the faceoff dots in your own end, and you're already at the offensive blueline.

How is the fit of your XXXs in relation to the Vector Pros?? They fit entirely different for different foot types/shapes, so I'm wondering what size you were in each?

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
HokEGoalie said:
How is the fit of your XXXs in relation to the Vector Pros?? They fit entirely different for different foot types/shapes, so I'm wondering what size you were in each?
My Vectors still fitted me fine, but they were breaking down.

I used a 9D in the Vectors and when I first skated in them, it felt so different, like the angle of your foot, and again, when I skated in the XXX's for the first time, it felt completley different, but I like the Angle of the XXX's a lot more. It's hard to explain. They feel a lot different.

I also am using a 9D in the Vapor XXX's and they fit well, but there is still enough room to grow in so that I'll have them for a long time I hope (....eh, mom won't be too happy if my foot grows all of a sudden, :eek: ;) ). No, there is enough room. The Vectors felt ok on my feet, but I got blisters a lot in them and see, I love stiff skates and I kinda lean on the inside of my skate a little if I don't have a stiff skate that supports my inner ankle/lower inside leg. I would have to go tighten my VecP's 2 or 3 times a practice to keep at top level, as the Vectors are not as stiff. The Vapors though, are a really stiff material on the inside, incidentally offering great protection as well, and it really helps my skating a lot more than the Vectors did. Like instantly.

I tried on the 9.5D vapor but it was way too big.

I was surprised to see that they didn't make the Vapor XXX out of leather, but it's smart that they give u replacement palms. The Vapor XX's IMHO are a better glove.

Magnus Fulgur

Nov 27, 2002
All made with pride in China, I'm sure.

I was annoyed that I bought a bunch of KOHO gear and discovered after the fact that it was all Chinese. Hard to avoid these days, I'm afraid. I'd rather buy Canadian, US, or Euro made stuff. The Chinese stuff is made extremely well - it's just a ethical stance of mine.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
wickedbsfan said:
All made with pride in China, I'm sure.

I was annoyed that I bought a bunch of KOHO gear and discovered after the fact that it was all Chinese. Hard to avoid these days, I'm afraid. I'd rather buy Canadian, US, or Euro made stuff. The Chinese stuff is made extremely well - it's just a ethical stance of mine.

Same here, I used to wear Mission elbow and shin pads and had no idea they were made in China until I found out a few months later and was pretty po'ed. I'm not knocking Mission though, the M-2 shaft is my favorite and it's one of the most durable high end shafts on the market except mabye for the Ultra Lite. These companies sure do a great job of hiding where their equipment is made, chances are if it was made in places known for quality craftsmanship like Canada, USA, Germany, etc. the companies would go out of their way to make a point of it.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Accord said:
Same here, I used to wear Mission elbow and shin pads and had no idea they were made in China until I found out a few months later and was pretty po'ed. I'm not knocking Mission though, the M-2 shaft is my favorite and it's one of the most durable high end shafts on the market except mabye for the Ultra Lite. These companies sure do a great job of hiding where their equipment is made, chances are if it was made in places known for quality craftsmanship like Canada, USA, Germany, etc. the companies would go out of their way to make a point of it.
Bauer made some XX sticks in Mexico but the 2 I bought were both made in Canada. So were the skates and the Nike V12 Quest elbowpads I have.

Reebok Equipment looks just like CCM equipment aside from the gloves and helmet, with the RBK logo stiched on.
I don't like CCM at all. I'm more of a Bauer/Easton person, so the only things I could ever see myself using of reebok are the gloves and helmet which are both nice. The skates look to be the Vector pros and have that crappy externo holder which is nothing compared to the Tuuk IMO.

IkeaMonkey*

PanthersRule said:
Bauer made some XX sticks in Mexico but the 2 I bought were both made in Canada. So were the skates and the Nike V12 Quest elbowpads I have.

Most of the materials are made in China, but the pads/skates are "assembled" in Canada.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
BuppY said:
Has anyone tried the shaft and if so how is it? I want to know it looks like my Nike shaft just different colours.

I don't believe it's out yet, the only way you can get one is if you're a pro that has a deal with THC or you play in the AHL. Some people have actually been stealing some of the Reebok sticks from AHL games and selling them on eBay, as a result each player in the AHL now has to "sign in" everytime they use an RBK stick so they can keep track of all the sticks.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Accord said:
I don't believe it's out yet, the only way you can get one is if you're a pro that has a deal with THC or you play in the AHL. Some people have actually been stealing some of the Reebok sticks from AHL games and selling them on eBay, as a result each player in the AHL now has to "sign in" everytime they use an RBK stick so they can keep track of all the sticks.
Where did the guy get the pictures from????

Also, when does RBK equp come out?

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
PanthersRule said:
Where did the guy get the pictures from????

Also, when does RBK equp come out?

He works at a hockey store and the pics are from the catalogue that the THC rep brought.

Not sure when the RBK equipment comes out.

IkeaMonkey*

Accord said:
Some people have actually been stealing some of the Reebok sticks from AHL games and selling them on eBay, as a result each player in the AHL now has to "sign in" everytime they use an RBK stick so they can keep track of all the sticks.

Thats not a result of anything. From the beginning they have had to sign them out. It's about durability and performance of the stick more than it is people stealing the sticks.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
HokEGoalie said:
Thats not a result of anything. From the beginning they have had to sign them out. It's about durability and performance of the stick more than it is people stealing the sticks.

There was a huge thread in the AHL forum on here a few months ago with an article about the new policy where players had to sign sticks out in order to keep track of the sticks and prevent them from being stolen.

IkeaMonkey*

As I said once, they have had to sign them out from the beginning. This stealing is just another reason. Do you really believe they just "started" signing them out because people were stealing them? It's a durability issue.

IkeaMonkey*

I also think its terrible that Jofa/Reebok is stealing the Easton idea of the vented shin pad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->