Pick Up League Stats

hckyguy14

Hello fellow hockey fanatics/players.

I come to you with a question.

I am 26 and I play in a pick up hour every week. Just a bunch of guys who show up, pay, split up into two teams, and play.

I started playing with this group in 1999 when I was 19. I used to actually keep track of my goals and assists.

Well, I stopped doing that maybe by 21 or 22. But I notice a lot of the young guys that are comming in do it, and there is even an older guy, late 30's that does it as well.

I was just curious how everyone feels about it?

Since I used to do it I don't criticize and have the mentality of 'what ever makes him feel better' towards these players, or 'to each his own.'

Mind you, no refs, nothing organized. Your lucky if you play with the same guy week to week.

Thoughts?

Doctor Hook

Mar 11, 2006
Boston
Yeah I'll keep track of my points for the night, what worked, what didn't work, what I could do better, etc. It's natural. But it's not like you're going to make a Web site about it.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
I don't even care, personally. It's just pick up. Most of the time it's just me messing around, since I don't have to worry about screwing up.

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
used track shot counts/GAA/S% to just to see about work level and performance. One thing it helped me do was select which rink and what days to attend. With the long travel times I didnt want to drive two hours round trip to face only a handful of scoring chances.

Now I dont even try considering how dismall the performances are with the lack of consistant ice. Lucky if I get a couple hours every other month.

Polska

May 25, 2004
Vancouver
My buddy and I always keep track of goals as a kind of competition against each other. Not a huge deal though.

Ya, me and my buddy do this too. Just mentally and we don't keep track of previous games. But were not serious about it and sometimes one of us will lose count.

mac-sniper

Aug 25, 2006
stupiiiidddd. i just try to do stuff i wouldn't have the balls to do in a game. get in a league, let them keep track of yor stats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->