Pick 5

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This type of thread is supposed to be tough for fans of solid depth clubs like the two Spanish and Man City. As a Gooner I can realistically say this is extremely easy to conduct.

Lacazette, Sanchez, Ozil, Kolasinac, and Koscielny (or healthy Cazorla instead). Of course without youngsters.

This is sad....

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You would keep Oxlade-Chamberlin over Coutinho?
I don't want players that don't want to be there. I've always had that stance. It's not a 'who are the best 5 players on your team' question. Coutinho obviously would be up there as only Firmino and Mane are better imo. Salah is interesting but I'm still not 100% sold...I don't find he's overly influential beyond scoring. To this point he's essentially been a wide poacher (though obviously doing very well at that and if he can maintain his scoring pace he deserves to be up there also).

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Sanchez over Vertonghen or Alderweireld is silly.

How come? His value will just rise. He has barely set a foot wrong. Performed exceptionally against Madrid over both legs and was our best player against Arsenal.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He's insulated at Tottenham and both Vertonghen and Alderweireld are better and in their primes. But anyway it's down to preferences I guess; I'm just surprised given how good Vertonghen and Alderweireld are that people are taking Sanchez (most likely youth bias, but still). I'd take the superior, proven players in their primes. But it'll be interesting to see how Sanchez develops. I still think he'll never be much better than he already is.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Let me say this, I thought the price we payed for Sanchez was steep at the time, but I am very pleased with it now. I don't really get a feeling that he is only playing well just because of Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Dier at all.

I still think he'll never be much better than he already is.

How do you determine that?

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
De Bruyne
Sane
Gabriel Jesus
David Silva
Agüero

I was tempted to put Foden over Agüero due to age and Gabriel Jesus’ emergence, but Agüero is just so good and Foden’s track record is a bit short

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
De Bruyne
Sane
Gabriel Jesus
David Silva
Agüero

I was tempted to put Foden over Agüero due to age and Gabriel Jesus’ emergence, but Agüero is just so good and Foden’s track record is a bit short
No love for Sterling

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
De Bruyne
Sane
Gabriel Jesus
David Silva
Agüero

Some of these lists are way too biased toward young players over like a 27 year old established star who has 3-4 good years left, but I sort of have to question the David Silva inclusion. I'd put Stones over him honestly. Mendy might need a spot as well.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Some of these lists are way too biased toward young players over like a 27 year old established star who has 3-4 good years left, but I sort of have to question the David Silva inclusion. I'd put Stones over him honestly. Mendy might need a spot as well.

I can get with Silva being removed. I just think he adds a ton to the midfield. But for the sake of having a defender in there I could see Stones over Silva

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Mendy has played before this season you know. Stones too.
Sure, but if they were basing it on this season, there is only one choice. I’m sure if Mendy proves his health he will be back in the mix. Stones may be the best CB in the PL this season so far though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Thread says this hasn't been based on less than half a season, but also on past and future games.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Dembele, Tierney, Sinclair, Rogic, Simunovic.

Roberts is on loan so probably does not fit the criteria. Brown is 32 years old now.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Thread says this hasn't been based on less than half a season, but also on past and future games.
CBs are more important than fullbacks and Stones is better now than Mendy was last season. You definitely take Stones with his age and position. Plenty of players on City to take over Mandy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad