Picard vs Ladd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasparov*

LaLaLaprise said:
Neither personally. Both are overrated.

And im pretty sure they were 2004 1st rounders. In 2003 neither would have cracked the top 20.

:highclap:

X0ssbar

Haven't seen Ladd this year but I have been very impressed with Picard - at least in the two games he's played on the big squad...

....but of course if he plays for the CBJ you knew it couldn't last - he has been put on IR due to a concussion. :banghead:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Top Shelf said:
Haven't seen Ladd this year but I have been very impressed with Picard - at least in the two games he's played on the big squad...

....but of course if he plays for the CBJ you knew it couldn't last - he has been put on IR due to a concussion. :banghead:
funny, i feel the exact opp. my prediction.......picard has trouble ever staying healthy for an entire year.

mississauga jim

Aug 2, 2005
My prediction is that Picard will be an incredible bust for the Columbus Blue Jackets. This kid cannot skate but he can hit and his hockey sense is almost non existant. He played quite a few games for the Syracuse Crunch and he got no important icetime to speak of. Why Columbus picked this kid so high is a mystery. Now Picard has the luxury of collecting an NHL salary while continuing to recover from a head injury or not. Bottom line is... this kid is a bust! What is more embarassing is the fact that Geoff Platt is head and tails ahead of this pylon. Just goes to show you how superior the OHL is to the "Q".

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
mississauga jim said:
My prediction is that Picard will be an incredible bust for the Columbus Blue Jackets. This kid cannot skate but he can hit and his hockey sense is almost non existant. He played quite a few games for the Syracuse Crunch and he got no important icetime to speak of. Why Columbus picked this kid so high is a mystery. Now Picard has the luxury of collecting an NHL salary while continuing to recover from a head injury or not. Bottom line is... this kid is a bust! What is more embarassing is the fact that Geoff Platt is head and tails ahead of this pylon. Just goes to show you how superior the OHL is to the "Q".

Well, I’m glad Columbus signed Geoff Platt so the Blue Jackets are carrying one player who apparently didn’t piss in your porridge.

Last edited:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'll take Ladd in this one. Picard has a lot of offensive potential, but Ladd projects to be a more offensive and more physical version of Erik Cole... I'll take that any day on my team.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
DaveG said:
I'll take Ladd in this one. Picard has a lot of offensive potential, but Ladd projects to be a more offensive and more physical version of Erik Cole... I'll take that any day on my team.

I like Ladd, but I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe he is more offensive and more physical than Cole. I mean, I don't know too many NHL players more physical than Cole, so it's not so much a criticism of Ladd. I also don't see the dynamic moves in Ladd, that Cole has. He might end up being more of an Ethan Moreau than Eric Cole. Or some where in between ala Martin Lapointe.

As to Picard, I read a recent scouting report on his AHL play and it sounds like he is starting to adjust to the pro game a bit more. And he may skate in a strange way, but don't be fooled by that - he has NHL wheels. Havlat also has a hunched over skating style, and skating is a strength.

Both are solid guys who throw their body around (Ladd more effectively). It's upside that is the question on both. Picard probably has more potential as a scorer, but Ladd is the more complete physical forward. Neither may ever score 30 goals, but at the same time, they could still turn into very solid top 6 forwards.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
mississauga jim said:

Crosby is better than >>Insert Random OHL player here<<

Therefore the Q is better than the OHL

:help:

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
mississauga jim said:

I love the "block" feature.

Alexandre Picard is a very legitimate NHL prospect with all the tools needed to become a successful NHL player.

Contrary to this nonsensical rant, Alexandre Picard CAN skate just fine. People have this misconception that just because somebody is an UGLY skater somehow means they are a slow or bad skater. It is simply not true.

Picard is a tenacious player with great two-way instincts who understands both parts of the game. His offensive skills likely won't be great at the NHL level, but he's not going to be a complete liability. He has the skating, defensive skills, work ethic and mentality to be an NHL player.

The only concern with Picard playing in the NHL is if he can stay healthy. Because of his fearless style of play, he is very often injured. THAT is what will stop Alexandre Picard from being an NHL player.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
When Picard was young he trained as a speed skater, hence the hunched over style.

I'm not sure what kind of NHL player he will be, I've always like Ladd more, but if Picard adds some more size to better his style of play he can be a good scorer in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad