Picard, Stafford, Pineault & Zajac

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan4life

Sep 5, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
I am in a keeper league that was established in 1998 and we recently held out 2004 draft (If you are interested in seeing how the draft went, ask me to and I'll post it on the mock board). I drafted the following players and I would just like to ask your opinion on how I did with the picks I had.

I would also appreciate as much information on the youngsters as you can provide and even where you anticipate them going in the 2004 draft.

Thanks in advance for your help and time.

Alexandre Picard (RD 1, 15th overall)
Drew Stafford (RD 1, 17th overall)
Adam Pineault (RD 2, 36th overall)
Travis Zajac (RD 2, 53rd overall)
David Krejci (RD 3, 68th overall) *note: I left the draft early because I didn't know I had this pick and this is who I got... is he any good? lol

The latter rounds (5-8) are done automatically by the simulator and I got the following: Shawn Weller, Alexander Bergstrom, Michal Mrazek, Yuri Grigorenko, Patrick Bordeleau.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
Picard and Stafford were good picks at 15 and 17. I think they both should go in the top 15 of the draft. Pineault is a steal if he regains his form from last year. Zajac is a good pick at 53. He played against inferior competition this year in the BCHL and it will be easier to guage him after he plays some NCAA hockey. Pineault will likely go around where you picked him and Zajac will likely go mid 2nd round.

Your first 4 picks were taken after where they were ranked on McKeen's so in that respect you did a good job.

Krejci is a little high at 68. I think he is more of a 4th round pick. He's a smaller guy but he put up 60 points in 50 games in the Czech JR league.

Weller was a good pick up; I think he's a late 3rd or early 4th round pick.

Bergstrom had 25 points in 31 games in the J20 league in Sweden. EliteProspects.com has him ranked as the 14th best Swede in the draft.

habsfan4life

Sep 5, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Final CCS ratings are out today and here is where these guys stand now now in the north american rankings:

Alexandre Picard (RD 1, 15th overall) - 3rd
Drew Stafford (RD 1, 17th overall) - 7th
Travis Zajac (RD 2, 53rd overall) - 15th
Adam Pineault (RD 2, 36th overall) - 25th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad