Confirmed with Link: [PHX/WSH] Erat & JMitchell for Klesla, Brown & 4th '15

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am by no means saying that's a solid return. It's garbage.

Its been a trainwreck but George just keeps parlaying until he finds some mud that sticks to the wall.

I think we should consider ourselves lucky that Erat asked for a trade otherwise George may have extended him in camp next September.

Liberati0n*

I am by no means saying that's a solid return. It's garbage.

The return was an 11th-overall pick that could've been even higher and a 2nd. What they did with those assets is totally irrelevant. If you're going to look at it that way, keep going; they turned a declining, UFA-to-be Brendan Witt into Brown, Latta, and a 4th. Go back even further and you can probably find an even less valuable asset to arbitrarily connect it back to.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
The return was an 11th-overall pick that could've been even higher and a 2nd. What they did with those assets is totally irrelevant. If you're going to look at it that way, keep going; they turned a declining, UFA-to-be Brendan Witt into Brown, Latta, and a 4th. Go back even further and you can probably find an even less valuable asset to arbitrarily connect it back to.

Scott Stevens netted 5 first round picks.

Trevor Halverson – Never became anything
Alexander Kharlamov – Never became anything
Miika Elomo – Traded for 2nd(Matt Pettinger). Pettinger traded for 2 months of Matt Cooke.
Sergei Gonchar – Traded after 10 seasons for Shaone Morrisonn and two draft picks a bust and the long term bust Jeff Schultz
Brendan Witt – Traded after 10 seasons for Kris Beech and a 1st (Varlamov). Varly traded for Forsberg + eventually Ribeiro for 1 season. Forsberg traded for Latta + Erat. Erat traded for Klesla, Chris Brown, 4th

Last edited:

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein 8m
#Caps GMGM they talked to "about 5 teams" for Erat, said they got down to "3 teams" that were serious and 2 that were very serious

Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein 8m
#Caps GMGM "There were always money issues" involving trading Erat, says Phoenix is a "budget team" and they couldn't go above the budget

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Erat always worked hard. Sure he had his failures, but at least he worked hard.

He was about the only scoring forward I saw go to the bench gassed this year. Seriously, not one other time do I remember a top 6 dragging back to the bench.

#Floaters

#Caps

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I wonder how long before Erat starts leaking dirt to the press

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->