Confirmed with Link: Phillips signs ELC | 2 years | 0.675M AAV

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Awesome news :D he might not turn out to be great but we still need goaltending prospects

folix

Jul 24, 2011
This is fantastic news! I was getting pretty worried! Absolutely no reason what so ever to have Pavs around now at all. Helly and Hutch in the show Phillips and comrie in the AHL!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
After this will we have to put Garret in the Haggerty/Murphy category? :sarcasm:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Not a huge fan, but let him start echl and let him grow, he may move up to ahl back up to Comrie next year if he shows well.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Good, I think he will be a solid AHL goalie, and with a good education that is not bad =)

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Garrett you are such a lie monger! I will never trust anything you say again.

Jk

I'm glad. We need prospects and plenty of teams have signed plenty worse.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Give him a heavy workload in Tulsa to start, see how he fares.

Based on what I've seen, he's going to need lots of work with a pro goalie coach. Good size and quickness, but his technique is pretty unrefined.

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
Nice signing! I heard he was absolutely great in College. I think he's going to be backing up Comrie in the AHL.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Nice signing! I heard he was absolutely great in College. I think he's going to be backing up Comrie in the AHL.

I think he starts in Tulsa. One of Hutch, Pav or Helle is going to have to start in the AHL with Comrie.

I'm fine with that.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Nothing wrong with this. The team still needs organizational depth.

Hey! I said yesterday turns out I was wrong. Sounds like the team is low on him, but weren't able to get their preferred alternatives.

Pretty much like I figured. You snooze, you lose. Well, Phillips wins in this case. Let's see how he handles the AHL/ECHL.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
Hey! I said yesterday turns out I was wrong. Sounds like the team is low on him, but weren't able to get their preferred alternatives.

Garret are you able to share who their preferred alternatives were? I assume the were college UFA's?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Nick Ellis was one who rumoured but he signed with the Oilers

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Comrie should play 50-60 AHL games so we can take it slow with Phillips. He's athletic, tall, and was a winner in NCAA. It seems worth it.

Go Jets, Go Moose!

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Comrie should play 50-60 AHL games so we can take it slow with Phillips. He's athletic, tall, and was a winner in NCAA. It seems worth it.

Go Jets, Go Moose!

As it stands now likely one of Hutch Helle or Pavelec will likely be with the Moose. Phillips most likely starts in Tulsa

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Back in April when I last talked to Phillips he told me that Winnipeg wasn't going to sign him, guess they changed their mind. He was awesome at MTU and he was a great guy! Good luck to him.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Back in April when I last talked to Phillips he told me that Winnipeg wasn't going to sign him, guess they changed their mind. He was awesome at MTU and he was a great guy! Good luck to him.

They were apparently targeting a few undrafted goaltenders, but none of those targets ended up working out. Interesting he told you that though, glad to have him in the organization, hope he proves everyone wrong!

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Nothing wrong with this. The team still needs organizational depth.

Pretty much like I figured. You snooze, you lose. Well, Phillips wins in this case. Let's see how he handles the AHL/ECHL.
Aye. They needed a guy and theyhave contract space. Would be silly not take a shot at someone. Odds are low that he'll be an NHL player, but some chance is better than no chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad