Player Discussion Phillip Danault II: 2nd C? edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Any news on the nature of his injury other than head and how long is he expected to be out? Good to see he is out of hospital. Get well soon!

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Just wanted to stop in and give my best wishes to Phillip Danault. He will be kept in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. I was relieved to see that he left the hospital to go home today to rest and hopefully it just looked worse than what it really is.

Thanks for that.

Have to say I went over to your board as I saw a couple posts about things Bruins fans were posting but have to say, classy response. Posters were concerned, felt bad for Danault and hoped he would be okay. Did see a couple of questionable posts but other Bruins admonished these posters.

Sometimes , or most of the time these boards get carried away. Nice to see decency when it counts. Bruins players likewise.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Hope for a speedy recovery for Danault. Health first!

Now specific to hockey, take your time in coming back because you're one of the guys whose absence can help with the tank.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I hope they are very cautious at bringing him back. Good to hear he's okay, but there's no reason to rush back from such a scary concussion in this season.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I hope they are very cautious at bringing him back. Good to hear he's okay, but there's no reason to rush back from such a scary concussion in this season.
Yep, absolutely no need for us to rush him. I'd have no problem with not seeing him in the lineup again this year.

Jul 6, 2016
I am really sorry for him and I am worrying about his future as a pro hockey player too. These injuries, if not always career-ending, are career shortening ones.

Best for him and the org to take ll the time needed to heal properly- if that is possible.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Saw highlight of Ian Cole taking a shot directly in the mouth. Teeth were visibly flying. Sickening. Once upon a time no one wore goalie masks or helmets. Is there a time coming where players will be wearing full cages? Never say never I think.

I think so. There used to be resistance to wearing helmets, then visors, but they all got grandfathered in. If the players don't want to do it, external pressures will eventually force them to do it anyways.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
If Eller's worth 3.5 million per year for 5 years, including years when he'll be past his prime, what is Danault worth.

imo Danault's a better player, and entering his prime.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
If Eller's worth 3.5 million per year for 5 years, including years when he'll be past his prime, what is Danault worth.

Let's see if he is still the same player after the concussion before signing him long term.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

Don't think Danault is better. They're in the same ballpark, albeit very different in terms of play style.

3.5M sounds about right for Danault.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Don't think Danault is better. They're in the same ballpark, albeit very different in terms of play style.

3.5M sounds about right for Danault.

I'd take Danault over Eller. You?

Danault is more conscious of the game around him. Eller has tunnel vision and lacks hockey sense. Not a good quality for a center.

I would take Eller over Shaw in a heart beat, but I realize that's not saying much.

Reactions: schnapshot

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Danault produces about 10 more points per year. Danault is pretty much in the 2nd liner category, Eller is in the 3rd line but can fill in on the 2nd.

I liked Danault's year last year he earned his stripes.
I didn't like his post season he was kinda silent.
This year has been a bust for him like most of the others.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I think you need a 2nd line that can score 60 plus goals. Your 2nd C should be getting you at least 20 goals and 50 plus points.

Danault is really not skilled enough to be the ideal 2C.

Now given that Danault gets no power play time, if he can get to that 15 plus goal mark and about 45 points at ES then he is a passable 2C for me. And he is pretty much on the mark so I can live with him there until someone better comes along.

And $3.5M a year sounds right. Guessing it will be closer to $4M.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Danault produces about 10 more points per year. Danault is pretty much in the 2nd liner category, Eller is in the 3rd line but can fill in on the 2nd.

Though this year Eller's on pace for 17 goals and 43 points, perhaps because he's playing on the pp.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

40 points/season playing in a more offensive role with PP time, with top wingers isn't really good, at least it's not any better than 30pts/season in a shutdown role. Eller produce more than Danault when he was used more in an offensive role.

Danault is either a bad 2nd line center or a good 3rd line C at this points.

badi

Jan 21, 2008
When you know that he is the best center of this team tells you why this team is complete Crap

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think if Danault is signed at 3.5M, it would be a great deal.

Eller is having a career year, and Danault was on the same exact pace as him. And that was looked at as not so great by Danault because like others on this team, he struggled to get the production.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
I liked Danault's year last year he earned his stripes.
I didn't like his post season he was kinda silent.
This year has been a bust for him like most of the others.
How? He was on pace for a better season than last year before his injury, on an offensively challenged team too.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
How? He was on pace for a better season than last year before his injury, on an offensively challenged team too.

I don't look strictly at points and let's face it 23 pts in 40 some odd games is not what we need from a top centerman.
His impact on the end result hasn't been the same IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->