Proposal: Philadelphia/ Ottawa

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Why are teams bothering to make offers for 1 season of EK,and trying to lower his value??Why not wait and see if he becomes a UFA ????And see if he chooses yours

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Ottawa will undoubtedly, 100% not get a piece back for Karlsson as valuable as Nolan Patrick.

Reactions: Tripod

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Gostisbehere’s value is definitely higher consider his contract, but I’d still take Karlsson at 10.5 over him still. His peak is just much higher than Ghost’s and he instantly puts this team into an annual contender. I wouldn’t add much to him but would make that swap for sure.

They’d have plenty of assets to make another move for a short term goalie upgrade/top 4 defenseman(Brodin, Hamilton, Tanev) which would really solidly them. Tanev has his injury history but he’d be a great fit next to Provorov or Sanheim. He also wouldn’t be that expensive to acquire. He could probably be had for #19+a small add. I’d give up more for Brodin/Hamilton.

Move Simmonds for a similar return or keep him. Either way you upgrade what you have in the system because the 14th pick will probably jump close to the top of our prospect rankings. It’d be a great time to trade up and get one of the forwards that fall or even Bouchard/Boqvist on defense. You could potentially have a group upfront like this entering 2019-2020. You’d get at least 3 cracks at it with that with this calibre of roster until Couturier is up. It’s hard to predict 4-5 years ahead without knowing Simmonds status but if hes either traded or gone in 4 years, there wouldn’t be any serious cap casualties to our younger core players for the foreseeable future.

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek
X-Frost-Simmonds/Trade
Raffl/Laughton/Allison/Vorobyev/Rubstov/NAK/Ratcliffe/14/19/2019 1st(Some would be moved)

Provorov-Karlsson
Sanheim-Hamilton or Brodin/Tanev/Hamonic type
Morin/Hagg-Myers

Hart/Upgrade on Neuvirth/Elliott

The team is on pace to become a serious contender in 2-3 years so I get not needing to do this, I just think it makes a much better team now and in the future due to the upgrade. It’s very manageable cap wise.

It’s really only 2-3 deals over the next 1.5 years but I know it’s unlikely. Just why I’d make that Karlsson/Ghost swap.

Last edited:

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Why are teams bothering to make offers for 1 season of EK,and trying to lower his value??Why not wait and see if he becomes a UFA ????And see if he chooses yours

Because it seems immediate that OTT wants to trade him (i.e. Vegas at the deadline)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad