Proposal: Philadelphia/ Ottawa

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
not getting into whether its fair value or not but as a Flyer fan I'm not trading PAtrick.

doesn't make any sense for their situation.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Flyers' center depth, at this moment, is Couturier/Patrick/Laughton/a cardboard cutout of Bobby Clarke/last night's winner of a 50-50 raffle. As good as Karlsson is, he's not also filling that massive hole, so the deal would make us worse.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Maybe if they settle for Konecny instead of Patrick the Flyers pull the trigger.
That makes 3 very valuable young core pieces from Philly that Ottawa could (re)build on.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
With as highly as I view Karlsson, I didn't think I'd see any true "overpayment" proposals on these boards. But this one does it. Wow.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
That's the best package Ottawa is going to get for Karlsson. If they get a deal like that, they should run with it as quickly as possible. Potential first pairing D, potential first line C, plus a first round pick, for a soon-to-be UFA who is on his way out no matter what.

As a Flyers fan, there's no way I do that deal. It's far too high a price to pay for a guy who's largely going to be taking icetime away Ghost. He's a clear upgrade on Ghost, but it's not like Ghost wasn't hella productive in his role.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I see Ottawa fans passing?

What package do you honestly think you will get? The rumored package at the deadline was 2 1st rounders another conditional pick and Cody glass which was the hold up. Even though that offer included Ryan it sounded like Ryan inclusion was the only reason they didn’t want to move Glass in the deal.

I’m just curious. I don’t think you are returning anywhere that type of player for Karlsson. I know he’s one of the best in the world but teams aren’t going to deplete their young cores for him.

flyersfromquebec

Jul 22, 2012
No way we trade Patrick...or need Karlsson and his next cap...we have Ghost for cheap and it's more then enough with a good offensive team. We could need Pageau on the 3rd line but I don't know what's his value on the market...a 2nd...a 3rd?

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Flyers can’t afford to trade Patrick. Trading him for EK fills one hole but opens another huge one. Pass.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Flyers getting ripped off. Flyers are not going to be better after this trade. Two top prospects for soon to be UFA when we already have Gost and Provorov? Shit does not make sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->