Proposal: Philadelphia--Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
Big HABS fan here. Mtl top 6 need some major improvement if we want a shot at the cup.

We have arguably one of the best goalie in the world in Price and a Norris winner and still young Subban.

Bergevin being the king in signing grinders our bottom 6 should be pretty good with guys like

Shaw-Byron-DLR-McCarron-Andrighetto-Mitchell-Hudon

our biggest issue is the top 6 no doubt

Last night I was pretty drunk, Ill admit. After a pretty bad trade proposal , I realised posting and drinking dont go so well together.

This morning even though I have a terrible headache, I feel like a brand new man

So let try this again and sorry for my stupid proposal last night.

DD-Sergachev-1 pick 2017 for Simmonds

Is there a way we can close that deal?

One poster told me Phily dont need D prospect. Would McCarron instead of Sergachev be more enticing?

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
The value is definitely there, if not a slight overpayment from Habs end, but the pieces don't make sense for Philly.

Hextall wants more size and speed up front so DD doesnt work, we have plenty of strong D prospects so Serg is a redundancy. And a 1st is a first.

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
The value is definitely there, if not a slight overpayment from Habs end, but the pieces don't make sense for Philly.

Hextall wants more size and speed up front so DD doesnt work, we have plenty of strong D prospects so Serg is a redundancy. And a 1st is a first.

If we put McCarron instead of Serg in the deal. To have Simmonds in our top 6 I would be ready to add another pick

DD-McCarron-1st 2017-2nd 2018

which player of MTL , phily would want in return for Simmonds?
Unfortunately we have such a ****** offense , all our top forwards we cant let go. But picks and prospects its open bar.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's really just a case of us not being a match. Serg is a great D prospect, but Philly has Ghost, Provy and Sanheim who all could be better. If Montreal wanted Simmonds really bad, they should have done so before the draft and Philly could have drafted a forward with Montreal's pick.

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
It's really just a case of us not being a match. Serg is a great D prospect, but Philly has Ghost, Provy and Sanheim who all could be better. If Montreal wanted Simmonds really bad, they should have done so before the draft and Philly could have drafted a forward with Montreal's pick.

Yes at one point , theres was a lot of talk ( in montreal atleast) surrounding a trade bringing Simmonds to the habs.

I would have loved it. Simmonds is exactly the type of player we need. Good skills and not affraid to get dirty.

Well seems like we missed our opportunity, damn you Bergevin.

No need to beat a dead horse then. You can close the thread mod. Simmonds aint going nowhere

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
The captain.

Oh thats something to thing about. I do feel there is a rift between Subban and Paccio. And after historical last year meltdown , I dont think Paccio is a great leader. A great player , sure but not a great motivator.

Plus we lack size and grits, and Paccio provide none.

So a swap Paccio-Simmonds 1v1 would be a possible trade?

If im Bergevin I would do it. And I give the C to Subban if we cant land Stamkos.

I know a bunch of Habs fan wont agree with me on naming Subban the captain:popcorn:

Finally Mod dont close the thread , we might be into something now

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just by curiosity, what an overpayment from MTL would be?

Which player would you target?

Not to speak for Curu! but we have said for awhile! look at he Lucic deal, and add from there. So:

13th overall pick
Player worth a 1st
NHL ready prospect
Depth prospect

So before the draft, like #9, McCarron, JDLR...and more.

Philly really has no reason to trade him for "fair" value. He is so damn cheap for what he does. Just think, Shaw just got paid almost the same as Simmonds will make for the next 3 year. Shad had a career high 39 points. Simmonds had 32 goals this year....along with 60 points.

It really would have to be a deal where we say, "wow, we don't want to trade Simmonds, but that is just too much to pass up."

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Big HABS fan here. Mtl top 6 need some major improvement if we want a shot at the cup.

We have arguably one of the best goalie in the world in Price and a Norris winner and still young Subban.

Bergevin being the king in signing grinders our bottom 6 should be pretty good with guys like

Shaw-Byron-DLR-McCarron-Andrighetto-Mitchell-Hudon

our biggest issue is the top 6 no doubt

Last night I was pretty drunk, Ill admit. After a pretty bad trade proposal , I realised posting and drinking dont go so well together.

This morning even though I have a terrible headache, I feel like a brand new man

So let try this again and sorry for my stupid proposal last night.

DD-Sergachev-1 pick 2017 for Simmonds

Is there a way we can close that deal?

One poster told me Phily dont need D prospect. Would McCarron instead of Sergachev be more enticing?

So now your sober and you propose a just as bad offer in the other direction.
Habs pass.Would like to have Simmonds but not at that price.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Oh thats something to thing about. I do feel there is a rift between Subban and Paccio. And after historical last year meltdown , I dont think Paccio is a great leader. A great player , sure but not a great motivator.

If im Bergevin I would do it. And I give the C to Subban if we cant land Stamkos.

I know a bunch of Habs fan wont agree with me on naming Subban the captain:popcorn:

I would say 99% of Fans won't agree on offering Patches straight up for Simmonds let alone the Subban comment.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

Pacioretty is better AINEC, imagine him with Giroux and Voracek, awful for MTL.

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
I would say 99% of Fans won't agree on offering Patches straight up for Simmonds let alone the Subban comment.

Something being part of the 1% is a good thing. I never really follow the mass as you can see.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).â€
― Mark Twain

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
Pacioretty is better AINEC, imagine him with Giroux and Voracek, awful for MTL.

A Simmonds-Galchenyuk-Gallagher line seems pretty exciting too

Plus we get rid of Paccio bad leadership. No way we cant take away his C without creating a commotion in the locker room

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
A Simmonds-Galchenyuk-Gallagher line seems pretty exciting too

Plus we get rid of Paccio bad leadership. No way we cant take away his C without creating a commotion in the locker room

There is no way he's a bad leader. I would love to have him on the Flyers. Great two way play plus skill is a commendable lead by example type player.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Not to speak for Curu! but we have said for awhile! look at he Lucic deal, and add from there. So:

13th overall pick
Player worth a 1st
NHL ready prospect
Depth prospect

So before the draft, like #9, McCarron, JDLR...and more.

Philly really has no reason to trade him for "fair" value. He is so damn cheap for what he does. Just think, Shaw just got paid almost the same as Simmonds will make for the next 3 year. Shad had a career high 39 points. Simmonds had 32 goals this year....along with 60 points.

It really would have to be a deal where we say, "wow, we don't want to trade Simmonds, but that is just too much to pass up."

Exactly the way I feel about trading Simmonds, great post. Some players are afraid to bleed to get to the dirty areas, Simmonds certainly isn't. Rarity in today's NHL.

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
There is no way he's a bad leader. I would love to have him on the Flyers. Great two way play plus skill is a commendable lead by example type player.

Im not in the locker room so I cant say for sure but after watching some videos and reading some story. I really think Paccio feel threatened by the place Subban take in the locker room and in the media. To explain such a big meltdown last season, sure we lost Price but something was going on in this team locker room

Paccio appears like a quiet and shy guy , I dont think he can be a good captain for MTL

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Not saying MP is a bad leader, but why is it not possible in your view?

I guess I was a bit hyperbolic when I said no way. None of us really know who are the leaders in the locker rooms. The way he carries about himself is what I like to see in a captain and I find him a bit similar to Giroux. I mentioned the two way play already, he's a guy that can defend himself, and seems to have those intangibles that made Toews the most overrated ANIEC player on the boards. I think he would be held in the same standard as Toews if he won three cups.

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
I guess I was a bit hyperbolic when I said no way. None of us really know who are the leaders in the locker rooms. The way he carries about himself is what I like to see in a captain and I find him a bit similar to Giroux. I mentioned the two way play already, he's a guy that can defend himself, and seems to have those intangibles that made Toews the most overrated ANIEC player on the boards. I think he would be held in the same standard as Toews if he won three cups.

Oh no Toews and Paccio dont fit in the same sentence. Toews is truly the definition of leader. Paccio for me its like a Ryder 2.0 with better defense skills.

since Chara almost killed him on the ice. I feel like hes been playing safe , staying away of the slot and play a soft game

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Im not in the locker room so I cant say for sure but after watching some videos and reading some story. I really think Paccio feel threatened by the place Subban take in the locker room and in the media. To explain such a big meltdown last season, sure we lost Price but something was going on in this team locker room

Paccio appears like a quiet and shy guy , I dont think he can be a good captain for MTL

I don't think leadership can be explained for your season. I didn't watch the team as much as you did, but losing arguably the best player in the league is brutal.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
My man I hope you are feeling better now but after I say this you might feel a little sicker. To get Simmer off our hands it is going to cost you because he is the best player going either way. My excuse is I am on heavy meds so bare with me. What do you think along the lines of

To Habs:
Wayne Simmonds
Michael Del Zotto or Robert Hagg

To Flyers:
Jacob De La Rose
Michael McCarron
Noah Juulsen
2017 2nd round pick

So my Habs friend what do you think?
PS remember I do not want to move Simmer at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad