OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Now, Here's A Team Who Just Won The Super Bowl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
The Eagles never really did like Kendricks for some reason.

Crazy thin at LB right now. We know Hicks will most likely go down, oh boy

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Most people don't realize that the Eagles play only 2 LB's way over 50% of the time. They felt like Corey Nelson could fill that Kendricks role at a fraction of the cap cost. You can't judge the move until you see what they do with that 6 million in cap space they just freed up.

The Worrilow injury is very unfortunate and while it happened on the same day is not related to Kendricks being released other than overall LB depth taking a hit. Kendricks was a will, Worrilow's role was to be the backup/insurance for Hicks. There are still some decent options out there in free agency to fill that role like Bowman and Cushing so I would expect them to go out and sign someone fairly soon.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
The team also has been developing Hill for two years now and they are known to like Gerry.

catbellysqueezer

Dec 26, 2015
I know I am probably beating a dead horse here and you guys all said you are not worried about it, but again we are getting rid of people who just contributed to our first super bowl win ever.

And some people think we aren't even done yet: they want us to get rid of Darby and Graham for example.

My expectations for this season are not great right now. Hope I am proven wrong and the system is more important than the individual players.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I know I am probably beating a dead horse here and you guys all said you are not worried about it, but again we are getting rid of people who just contributed to our first super bowl win ever.

And some people think we aren't even done yet: they want us to get rid of Darby and Graham for example.

My expectations for this season are not great right now. Hope I am proven wrong and the system is more important than the individual players.

Can’t live in the past. Adapt or die.

The Phillies would have been better off getting rid of some their own instead of “taking care” of them because they delivered a championship.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

The core contributors are still here. Hell, they kept Nick Foles even though Cleveland apparently offered Pick 35 in this past draft.

No reason to worry.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
You don’t have free speech nor the right to protest while you’re an employee of a company.

Would you be able to keep your job if you protested on company time?
NFL players aint exactly insurance claim adjusters. Supply dictates demand.
Very limited supply of NFL players compared to the type of regular corporate/business sector type gigs to which youre referring.

Its just business.
Owners caved to the players with the fund for charities they promised and now they cater to the rednecks by imposing the no-kneel rule.

Trying to keep both sides placated so they can get back to earning.

Reactions: Frickley

Frickley

why am i watching this
Apr 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
You don’t have free speech nor the right to protest while you’re an employee of a company.

Would you be able to keep your job if you protested on company time?
Nonsense.

The National Anthem playing before a game is such a fluky American thing that no one else does; I don't see how this question holds water when comparing to a normal job. In fact, by giving players the option to remain in the locker room, the NFL is implying that being present for the anthem is not a strict work obligation at all--enough to give them the option of skipping it, anyway. It's not like they are ignoring typing emails or filing recipes or whatever minutiae in order to protest. They are simply making a point during a non-obligatory pregame ceremony that is completely pointless.

This whole episode could have been avoided if 1) the league would grow a set and stand by its players and 2) these offended American patriots would take a second to educate themselves, try to understand the world from the point of view of people who are murdered and brutalized by police, and consider that maybe all isn't Holy and Good in this clusterf*** of a country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad