OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Now, Here's A Team Who Just Won The Super Bowl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
How is the 2019 QB class looking at the top of the draft?

Not good at all. Shea Patterson is probably the consensus top guy and his transfer to Michigan still isn’t completed. Even then, he’s more a mid first type of talent than true high end. Beyond that, you’re hoping someone steps up —Will Grier (West Virginia), Jacob Eason (Washington), Drew Lock (Mizzou), Clayton Thorson (Northwestern), etc.

It’s really a top 2 right now with Ed Oliver (Houston DT) and Nick Bosa alone on a tier to me.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Not good at all. Shea Patterson is probably the consensus top guy and his transfer to Michigan still isn’t completed. Even then, he’s more a mid first type of talent than true high end. Beyond that, you’re hoping someone steps up —Will Grier (West Virginia), Jacob Eason (Washington), Drew Lock (Mizzou), Clayton Thorson (Northwestern), etc.

It’s really a top 2 right now with Ed Oliver (Houston DT) and Nick Bosa alone on a tier to me.

My money is on Lock - people from that university tend to turn out well ;) Except for Chase Daniels, I guess. And yours truly. I may have to rethink my position on this.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I actually liked Chase Daniel coming out of Mizzou. How wrong I was. I hated Gabbert though.

I went back to check the archives, because I could have sworn I saw them lose 77-0 to Oklahoma one season and 79-0 to Oklahoma the next season, but I couldn't find it. In my defense, I was spectacularly drunk the whole time. I did kiss a cheerleader on the sidelines on a dare, though :naughty: I think.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Brad Smith >

Does this mean you were a Pat White guy?

I went back to check the archives, because I could have sworn I saw them lose 77-0 to Oklahoma one season and 79-0 to Oklahoma the next season, but I couldn't find it. In my defense, I was spectacularly drunk the whole time. I did kiss a cheerleader on the sidelines on a dare, though :naughty: I think.

77-0 definitely happened when Switzer was the coach.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Does this mean you were a Pat White guy?
In college? Sure. NFL? Nope. But at that time I guess I just assumed the NFL wouldn’t give him a real shot to be a QB so I never really developed a strong opinion either way. Game has evolved a lot since.

Those WVU teams were so fun to watch. I remember Pat White’s first game in the Carrier Dome. Just electric. I was blown away.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
So Jets move up from 6 to 3

Colts also get picks 2nd rd 37 and 49 Also pick up a 2019 2nd rd pick big day for the colts.

Colts now have alot of picks in this years draft

6 1st rd
36 37 49 2nd rd
67th 3rd rd
104 4th rd
140 5th rd
178th 6th rd
221 7th rd

2nd rd pick

I wonder if colts would trade with eagles to move back into 1st rd late

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

Colts also get picks 2nd rd 37 and 49 Also pick up a 2019 2nd rd pick big day for the colts.

6 1st rd
36 37 49 2nd rd
67th 3rd rd
104 4th rd
140 5th rd
178th 6th rd
221 7th rd

2nd rd pick

i could see that. Colts need a lot of help on both sides of the ball. I think on paper that is the roster i would least like to have . Everything hinges on Luck's shoulder.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Finally got the last shirt I ordered, Only thing missing is the Blu Ray Movie, Also has anyone purchased the SI tv offer.

I yet to receive the Eagles Super bowl package, of course I started getting SI magazines.

I told SI If I don't receive by end of April, I'm filing a chargeback

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
What do you mean? The Dolphins just did that with Suh. He was designated a post June 1 cut. The team can designate up to 2 cuts as post June 1. It’s an accounting adjustment embedded in the CBA for the benefit of both the team and the player.

Edit: Nevermind you’re right the team would have had to carry the cap hit until June. Hopefully Howie’s got something lined up. That 2 mil in cap could have been useful for when the veterans get cut in the later stages of preseason.

With all of the Transactions getting approved, We are finally seeing the real number. Also Everyone thought the Cap would be around 179m not 177m so there's 2 million that they can't use.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia

6 1st rd
36 37 49 2nd rd
67th 3rd rd
104 4th rd
140 5th rd
178th 6th rd
221 7th rd

2nd rd pick

Maybe #32 for 49 an d 67?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Gonna need more story please lol. This cheerleader/long haired Chanel no. 2 smelling hobo just let you kiss him/her?

I said "cheerleader" just to make it easier to understand - it was one of the girls from the university's dance crew. I want to say they were called "The Golden Girls," but that can't be right. I hadn't blacked out yet, but I was drowning in it just the same. We worked at these sororities (I was an Evans Scholar, the guys who get the caddy scholarship) because we didn't have a kitchen in our house, and one of the girls from the sorority I worked at was in "The Golden Girls" - we were getting absolutely thrashed on the field, as usual, so there weren't a lot of people between our seats and the sidelines. Everybody was urging me to do it, because they knew I would do anything, so I went down there and called her over and she succumbed to me for a minute. I'm sure she regrets it to this day.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Eason can’t play next year unless he got some type of waiver. Unless you meant Jake Browning at Washington but I don’t think he’s got much potential beyond being a backup.

Justin Herbert (Oregon) picked up some hype throughout the year. Jarrett Stidham (Auburn), Nick Fitzgerald (Miss State), & Ryan Finley (NC State) are some other names.

There’s some names with some hype but none on par with what Rosen, Allen, & Darnold got this time around last year. Mayfield obviously made a huge jump this year which always happens with a guy or two.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Eason can’t play next year unless he got some type of waiver. Unless you meant Jake Browning at Washington but I don’t think he’s got much potential beyond being a backup.

Justin Herbert (Oregon) picked up some hype throughout the year. Jarrett Stidham (Auburn), Nick Fitzgerald (Miss State), & Ryan Finley (NC State) are some other names.

There’s some names with some hype but none on par with what Rosen, Allen, & Darnold got this time around last year. Mayfield obviously made a huge jump this year which always happens with a guy or two.

No, you're completely right. I forgot about the red tape Eason needs to clear post-transfer.

Herbert honestly was the best of the bunch (on peak at least) to me, but I don't know that the NFL will see it that way. I remember reading something on NFL.com that had him as the 9th or 10th ranked QB prospect coming into the year. That's absurd to me, but I don't exactly have a history of agreeing with the league on QB evaluations.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The browns are in position to get a haul if they play this correctly. Football is not a fun sport to play when you don't have a franchise qb.

I think the Browns take a QB at #1 now. I don’t think they can risk missing out on their guy especially if the Giants decide they don’t want a QB & move out as well.

The thing with the Browns is that they drafted so many players in the past few years that quantity isn’t as big as quality at this point for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->