OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Onseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I can't tell of the officiating has just been that bad, or this Sixers team is a lot worse than I thought.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I can't tell of the officiating has just been that bad, or this Sixers team is a lot worse than I thought.

They're not bad, it's just not going to be instantaneous. I don't know why everyone decided this year they would transition from unwatchable to playoff team. They might be, but it's baffling to me, the expectations.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I hate the Celtics! I will be in that town next Saturday too. I like Boston city but damn do I hate their sports-teams...on par with New York almost...

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
The chemistry isn’t there yet. It will take time, more than a week or two. Fultz needs to become a bigger part of the offense and Embiid needs to figure out what he’s doing.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Lol...watching the Lakers vs the Suns. Little Lonzo shot an airball....so he starts looking at his hand and goes off the court continuing to look at it and then starts holding it as though his hand like a bad hockey stick was at fault. Dude needs to drop the ego....

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Tough way to start the season, against three playoff teams. A win in Detroit would be nice to start getting these guys a little confidence.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
im going to rant for a minute, i really think this tanking process really damaged this team mentally, they just look like a team that has no confidence, they just dont know how to win. am i saying is that if this team cant get it together by the end of the year, something that has to change, coaching and maybe some roster shakeups. i mean why do you think the flyers and eagles never tank? because it creates a bad culture on the players, that's why they always find ways to win, they are in a culture of winning every year.

when it comes to sixers, no matter what do in the draft they always find ways to lose because that's the culture they created. i hate to say this but unless they go 180 on this team, it's going to be years for the sixers to ever contend maybe when a new ownership takes over because this ownership doesnt care.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
The thing is, none of these players besides Covington and McConnell really played through the tank. Last year they showed signs of life, they're just a young team learning how to win. Still think they get to 45 wins but if they falter against teams like the Pistons on Monday, thats trouble.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The Flyers and Eagles didn’t tank because it’s not nearly as incentive to tank in those sports as it is in the NBA.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I hate that characterization ...that they tanked. If they had the opportunity to draft players like Wiggins and KAT they would have. The next best options besides Jah Vegan were players like Embiid who as we know was injured for 2 seasons. They were set back by injuries to Noel and Simmons..the latter a freak injury. I mean it wasn't necessarily a full blown tank and Hinkie gamed the system the way it needed to be gamed otherwise you are stuck in mediocrity for years. Why aren't people complaining about incompetent teams like the Knicks, Nets, Lakers etc. Better yet...is Golden State gaming the league by being allowed to stack their team? I mean I am so sick of the Sixers being the whipping boy of the league when the league itself is at fault for being gamed. Blame baldy Silver....

Reactions: JackStraw

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Besides all the above, which is spot on, I loathe the idea that you can't tank/rebuild and also have a winning culture. It's so passé. Multi-level organizational competence, like the Sixers, is a winning culture, once you add in the talent.

Flyers can keep their self-righteous BS about the winning culture to which they so proudly cling. They got their future #1 center and defenseman from the #2 and #7 (in maybe the deepest draft ever) picks. They benefitted all the same, just without getting their hands dirty. Teams like Edmonton and especially Toronto took a dump on the antiquated idea of winning culture. It's not some decades long thing you have to slowly accrue....and if you lose it, you'll never see it again!

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Hinkie absolutely did the right thing tanking, however they could have had Porzingis over Okafor and it was rumored Hinkie loved Porzingis. Also the Greek Freak went a couple picks after MCW though I don't think you could have projected his rise to stardom

Reactions: kelmitchell

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I’m curious to know how an organization can have a “winning culture” if they don’t actually, you know, win. As in a championship. The Patriots have a winning culture. The Spurs have had a winning culture. For years now, the Flyers have had a “we’re not terrible” culture. At this point I’d rather see my favorite teams shoot for the moon. If they come up short, at least it won’t be for lack of trying.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->