Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
stockbroker said:
For obvious reasons, you gotta think that if Canada and the U.S. play each other, Kessel will be riding the pine.

He has looked nervous already. Could you imagine how nervous he would be if he had to square off against Crosby's line and the large Canadian D.

i doubt he'd ride the bench. he has been, at times, the USA's best player in terms of making things happen. he's earned a regular spot on this team.

stockbroker

Dec 24, 2004
nomorekids said:
the iihf has outdated weights, if that's what you look at. the ones on the USA hockey website are from the weigh-in at the beginning of the tournament.
Outdated? So instead of 185, maybe Kessel is 205.

stockbroker

Dec 24, 2004
nomorekids said:
i doubt he'd ride the bench. he has been, at times, the USA's best player in terms of making things happen. he's earned a regular spot on this team.
Well, for entertainment value I hope you are right.

Joe d

Aug 15, 2004
Kessel looks great getting to the net. I just checked his stats and he has 1 assist. I'm going to save my evaluation until after the tournement. The great one's find a way to score goals....ie Crosby.....time will tell.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
topshelf331 said:
Gretzky = measuring stick
Gretzky is in no way a measuring stick! What he was able to accomplish in his career will never be equalled. To compare someone to Gretzky at this same stage in his junior career, is almost acceptable, but to say "will he be the next Gretzky?" is just silly, and this being Hockeys Future I would hope there is enough respect for what he has done both on and off the ice for this game, to steer clear of this type of banter. This has nothing to do with Canadian young prospects being better than the US, it is simply a fact, that should not be up for discussion. Would you not agree? I think that Kessel, and Crosby are both very great, young, dynamic players for their respective countries, but I wouldn't compare either to the Great one!

AcesSuited88

Dec 28, 2004
most people dont know this but kessel and crosby have faced off before i mean nothing recent but 2 years ago i think was when

stockbroker

Dec 24, 2004
I don't think Crosby is very similar to Kessel.
Kessel is very one dimentional, while Crosby is multidimentional.

Crosby can burn you a number of ways. Kessel whole game is dictated around his speed.
Personally, I have never seen a player at such a young age with a war chest like Crosby has.
That's right. I have never seen a player with that combination of strength and vision.
It will be amusing when Kessel and Crosby are battling for the puck in the corner.
Crosby could outbattle Ovechkin in the corner as well.

Forsberg is similar, but I believe Crosby is more of a sniper. Forsberg has only scored 30 goals once, and that was his best season.

Old Hickory

X-SHARKIE said:
From the players i've seen I have to say that's a great list!

2006 well be one hell of a draft. The Fins top prospect in years is eligible, The best American born player since Mike Modano is eligible, and Michael Frolik might be the best Czech prospect since Jagr. Never has three countries produced three phenoms like this...it was close with Kovalchuk and Spezza but I can't remember when three seperate countries could say that there best prospect in years is eligible. Overall, aside from the 1st overall pick, you probally want a top 3 pick in 06 just as bad if not more then 05.
How do you think 2006 will be in overall depth compared to 2003 and 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad