Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
HabLover said:
accomplishment??? what are you talking about?? :lol

the americans beat a hard-working, underrated swiss team...but most of all, they have a young, very exciting young player that's only going to get better and better...and once again...you're attempting to take something away from it.

it's quite sad, really.

ErnestoGuevara

Jan 22, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
NYR469 said:
well even before the tourney i think he is projected as a top 3 guy in 2006 along with Frolik from czech republic and Joensuu from finland...

and all 3 are in the tourney...so the tourney probably solidifies those 3 as the top 3 in the preliminary rankings going into next season but doesn't give any of them an advantage over the others unless one outplays the other big time.

I thought Bobby Ryan of Owen Sound was also projected to be a top 3

RoyIsALegend*

nomorekids said:
the americans beat a hard-working, underrated swiss team...but most of all, they have a young, very exciting young player that's only going to get better and better...and once again...you're attempting to take something away from it.

I won't get into this petty argument between yourself and HabLover, but to call the Swiss team underrated is downright wrong, and that cannot be argued.

They are an awful hockey team, and shouldn't even get a goal against the likes of Canada, Russia, and the States.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
my two cents
i never saw kessel till the russia game and tonight. didnt see him do too much against russia, but tonight he was dominant. there wasnt a faster player out there and everything he does is at top speed. great in open ice, though i dont know how much offense he can creat out of the corners right now, he isnt very big. im impressed though, i think he took some of bourques time away at the end of the game.

leafaholix*

RoyIsALegend said:
I won't get into this petty argument between yourself and HabLover, but to call the Swiss team underrated is downright wrong, and that cannot be argued.

They are an awful hockey team, and shouldn't even get a goal against the likes of Canada, Russia, and the States.
Switzerland's not awful, but they shouldn't score 4 goals on any of the countries you listed.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
RoyIsALegend said:

I think theyre better than people think..seems like every year theyre getting closer and closer to the pack..if i recall correctly they gave canada a decent game last year..at any rate in the past when u played them you guessed itll be an 8-1 kinda game...not anymore, i do agree that a few of their goals were weak today .. but when u work hard things happen.. besides theyre not the only nation getting weak goals.

Heimy

Feb 28, 2002
I was just here
Visit site
RoyIsALegend said:

That "awful hockey team" sure looked good to me. In fact, I'd say they outplayed the US for most of the 60 minutes and beat them everywhere but on the scoreboard.

I'd save harsh criticisms like awful for either of the goalies...

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
the swiss team wasn't amazingly skilled but they worked extremely hard and had a good gameplan. very tenacious and made the US work for the win. good puck pressure

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
Kessel's no secret to anyone following the USNTDP. He's been putting up ridiculous scoring totals for a couple of years now. The hype machine is in overdrive on him in certain circles. Some have predicted he might be the best US prospect ever and others have complained about a primadonna attitude.

It's only two WJC games but Kessel's offense has been impressive. It goes without saying that a kid "that" young needs to keep developing. As the game went on last night he seemed to get caught up in the run and gun game (as did many US players) and he ignored his end of the ice on occassions, such as one of the late Swiss goals where he was a total bystander, failing to even get a stick on his man as he followed the Swiss player to the US net and a Swiss goal.

AcesSuited88

Dec 28, 2004
he is gonna be fine

im kessel's cousin and he just caught a stinger his dad said he was walking around after the game

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I have Kessel going #2 for 2006. Here is my top 20.

1. Michael Frolik - LW - Kladno, CZE
2. Phil Kessel - C - US U18, USA
3. Jesse Joensuu - LW - Assat, FIN
4. Alexandre Vasyunov - LW - Yarslavl, RUS
5. Bryan Little - C - Barrie, CAN
6. Jonathan Toews - C - SSM, CAN
7. Peter Mueller - C - US U18, USA
8. Ben Maxwell - LW - Kootenay, CAN
9. James Sheppard - LW - Cape Breton, CAN
10. Tomas Marcinko - RW - Kosice, SVK
11. Ben Strait - D - US U17, USA
12. Vlad Zharkov - RW - CSKA, RUS
13. Jonathan Bernier - G - Lewiston, CAN
14. Matthew Corentto - D - Saginaw, CAN
15. Ivan Vishnevski - D - RUS 88, RUS
16. Tony Lagerstorm - LW - Sodertaljie, SWE
17. Jean-Christophe Blanchard - G - Moncton, CAN
18. David Ruzika - D - Kladno, CZE
19. Jordan Staal - D - Peterborough, CAN
20. Benjamin Breault - LW - Baie-Comeau, CAN

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i'm sincerely hoping the rangers get a shot at drafting kessel

i'd do backflips if they managed to draft johnson this coming draft (however that works out) and kessel next draft...two future superstar americans :handclap:

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Sheppard is very good too. He is so mature and looks like a sure-fire prospect, to me he will go on the top 10 for sure.

Only saw Little and Kessel outside of him... I would rank Kessel ahead of Little, but both could go top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->