Confirmed Trade: [PHI/STL] Brayden Schenn to Blues for Lehtera, the 27th pick and a future 1st rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I'm interested to see how Schenn plays next year. There are definitely several factors involved, but I'm curious where he flattens out. He had a ridiculous October (12gp, 19pts). Take that out and his stats look pretty similar to how they were in Philly.

First 41
17g 24a 41p (34G) (48A) (82P)
Last 41
10g 17a 27p (20g) (34A) (54P)

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I'm interested to see how Schenn plays next year.

First 41
Last 41
I don't think he'll ever hit 70 again, but if Schenn can just put up 50-60 point seasons, that's all the Blues really need him to do. He's not a #1C, but he's proven to be a perfectly suitable top-6 center this season.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I'm interested to see how Schenn plays next year.

First 41
Last 41
I expect him to hit around 55-65 (probably closer to 55) next season. If everything goes to plan he will hopefully be on another line away from Tarasenko to help spread the scoring across more than 1 line.

Schwartz-Schenn-???
Fabbri-???-Tarasenko

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
No I had it right the first time. 1Cs generally win at least half their face offs at least once in their career.
So because drais played wing 62% of even strength time on ice and 90% of pp time with mcdavid but won more than half his playoffs he is a 1c. Explain this.

Also your so bhurt about blues not wanting to trade petro or parayko fir drais you jump threads and attack a player who was one of the bright spots for blues. Your only knock is faceoffs. Then you call him a winger lol. You are too funny keep it up, I am enjoying this. I wanna see how much stupidity you can spew on this subject.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Yeah, but he isn't better than Couturier, so he wouldn't play there.

He's been easily better than Couturier this year, dragging Schwartz and Tarasenko along while Couturier got to play Steve Rucchin with Giroux and Voracek/Konecny

If the Flyers kept him and played him at C Schenn-Couturier-Patrick would have been enough for them to come out of the conference

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
He's been easily better than Couturier this year, dragging Schwartz and Tarasenko along while Couturier got to play Steve Rucchin with Giroux and Voracek/Konecny

If the Flyers kept him and played him at C Schenn-Couturier-Patrick would have been enough for them to come out of the conference
I'd really like to hear in what area Schenn has been better than Coots this year? :help:

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Sure. One is likely top 3 in Selke voting and putting up 75 points. And thats not Schenn.

Yeah the one getting vastly outscored by his linemates. Schenn meanwhile outscored both Schwartz and Tarasenko and had to drag them on his back half the season.

If you think Schenn is anything less than PPG if given Couturier's spot this year this may not be the sport for you.

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Yeah the one getting vastly outscored by his linemates. Schenn meanwhile outscored both Schwartz and Tarasenko and had to drag them on his back half the season.

If you think Schenn is anything less than PPG if given Couturier's spot this year this may not be the sport for you.
Schenn was given every opportunity on Flyers to play C and never succeeded. He would not be PPG in Flyers any year.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Jori Lethera, Morgan Frost and 14 or 15th overall this year (unless Blues win lottery) for Schenn.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think the blues would miss the playoffs when that trade happened. Incredible.
Flyers just ROBBED the Blues here man o man salt in the wound of Blues Nation today :yo:

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Flyers just ROBBED the Blues here man o man salt in the wound of Blues Nation today :yo:

No they didn't lol. Schenn is a perfect fit with Schwartz. He's 60-70 points. And we got rid of Lehtera.

Hats off to Phillys scouting dept on Frost but my god we needed a solid center so bad and Schenn is that. I don't know why people look for winners or losers but it made sense for both sides and it will years down the road. Picks aren't gaurantees contrary to popular belief. Look at your Canucks for example.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
If you would actually read through threads, you'd see that most (maybe all) blues fans on here would still make the trade. But we all know you're here for just one purpose, so no thought, or reading, needed on your side of the equation I suppose.

Schenn just put up 70 pts. What's been Benning's best move so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad