Confirmed with Link: [PHI/NYR] Danny Syvret for Kris Newbury

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
and we will continue to get pushed around.

you like your teams a certain way, I like my teams a certain way.

I expect more of the same capitulation next season as we saw the last 3+ years.

Not happy about it.

Keeping a 32 year old Newbury wouldn't have made them any tougher. The wolf is a farm team, not a try to assemble a bunch of 32 year old tough guys team.

It's there to develop the young players, they have a lot of offensive players coming in, and the defense is very short staffed right now.

Toughness has nothing to do with anything

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
and we will continue to get pushed around.

you like your teams a certain way, I like my teams a certain way.

I expect more of the same capitulation next season as we saw the last 3+ years.

Not happy about it.

Mashinter and Haley can provide that. With Lindberg and Miller looking like they are close and able to fill in for injuries, when would he be called up? Never.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Hartford needs defensemen. Good move. Newbury is a 30 year old journeyman 4th liner...tops.

Punxrocknyc19*

Trade is basically irrelevant. Newbury is a completely useless player so I don't know why anyone would complain. Best part of this trade is it ensures Newbury won't get random games for us this year.

Segal will get those now. Another useless player... I don't get how these players do well In the AHL as top 1st or 2ed line players but when they make the NHL as 4th liners they look lost.. maybe if they were to get the same ice time as AHL and NHL they would not look so horrible..

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So it's a minor league move but with an eye if an injury occurs on the big club

So call up options are McIlrath and Syvret basically.

Glad Newbury is gone cause he's a stupid call up option when they have Miller,Thomas,Hrvik,Fast, Lindberg likely in CT

NYR2007

Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
Keeping a 32 year old Newbury wouldn't have made them any tougher. The wolf is a farm team, not a try to assemble a bunch of 32 year old tough guys team.

It's there to develop the young players, they have a lot of offensive players coming in, and the defense is very short staffed right now.

Toughness has nothing to do with anything

michael sauer was a long shot to make the club and played many seasons down to the AHL before making his game solid

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
michael sauer was a long shot to make the club and played many seasons down to the AHL before making his game solid

Huh?

First, I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, but sauer was a 2nd round pick, he spent three years in Hartford and made the NHL at like age 23.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Segal will get those now. Another useless player... I don't get how these players do well In the AHL as top 1st or 2ed line players but when they make the NHL as 4th liners they look lost.. maybe if they were to get the same ice time as AHL and NHL they would not look so horrible..

Different pace. A lot of guys get into bad habits after a while down in the AHL and then, when they reach the NHL, it doesn't work. Newbury is able to control the puck and make plays in the AHL. He gets to the NHL, and he can't do any of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad