Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Sanheim is on regular callup now.
If off the current roster, Lehtera, the bottom six is too soft to put Leier out there and Weise, well . . .
But they have the option to bring up NAK and move Read to LW, but is he better off coming up or playing a big role in an AHL playoff push?

How is sanheim on regular call up? He was recalled under the emergency conditions rule I don't want him to go back to LV but according to the cba once the emergency condition does not exist he must go back if I am reading it properly?

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I haven't heard too much about Kalynuk besides that he has a heavy shot from the point, but that's a hell of a stat line for a 7th round, freshman DMan playing in the Big 10, IMO

I saw him a few times this year and really liked him. Definitely a big value for the 7th round. LOD calling him a poor man's Sanheim is pretty accurate and really should be taken as a compliment. Kudos to our scouts for this pick.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
How is sanheim on regular call up? He was recalled under the emergency conditions rule I don't want him to go back to LV but according to the cba once the emergency condition does not exist he must go back if I am reading it properly?
Hagg is healthy now, which means it is no longer an emergency to have Sanheim up. Because the Flyers decided to keep him up, he now counts as one of our post-deadlind call ups

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I saw him a few times this year and really liked him. Definitely a big value for the 7th round. LOD calling him a poor man's Sanheim is pretty accurate and really should be taken as a compliment. Kudos to our scouts for this pick.
What about his IQ? Hope that is not a poor man's since Sanheim has a low IQ according to some.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
He has stated from the beginning his philosophy is you win down the middle; goaltending, defense, center. His first pick in each of his first two drafts was a defenseman. The 3rd draft he took a center first. Cross reference that with his first 3 drafts in LA: first pick was a defenseman (Hickey) defenseman(Doughty) and then a center (Schenn).

That's chiefly philosophy, not need. Generally when you say positional need, you mean drafting to fill an area specifically because it's weak on your depth chart. Your explanation makes total sense. We were having two different discussions.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I wonder if Hextall will snag Frost/Hart and others for Phantoms run should there be time.

Frost should be busy for awhile. SSM is the best team in the CHL. Rubtsov is also set up for a deep run.

Laczinsky and Marody are somewhat likely eliminated this weekend. Both hopefully should sign immediately. Amorosa is also a possibility if they deem him worth a contract. Also, Ratcliffe's team is a healthy underdog to be ousted in the 1st round in the CHL playoffs. So you might get him the week after.

Strome, Hart, Sushko, Laberge, Bunnaman, and Twarynski are all also under contract and should join LV when eliminated from the CHL playoffs. But it's tough to predict how far there teams will go.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
And none will play!

Probably.

They do have a cushion this year on #1. And with a couple guys getting call-ups, I don’t think Krushelnyksi should have a sacred spot for starters......nor Ghoul, Fazleev, McDonald. Don’t know what’s the deal with Vecchione’s injury. And working in a forward is easier than a d-man. I’m not betting on it, but the college kids might see games. Now, whether that’s the final game of the season or more full-time remains to be seen.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
2018 DI Men's Ice Hockey Bracket

OSU (Laczynski) play Princeton, and if they win, they play Denver or Penn State. That bracket is in Allentown.

Michigan (Marody, Warren) play Northeastern, and if they win, they play Cornell or Boston U.

Clarkson (Amorosa) play Providence, and if they win, they play Notre Dame or Michigan Tech.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
For those who want Hextall to start making trades to make the team better, a word of caution:

#28 (2000) Justin Williams (traded in Jan 2004 for Danny Markov who played 34 games for the Flyers)
#95 (2001) Patrick Sharp - traded in 12/05 for Matt Ellison (played 7 games) and Chicago's 3rd rd pick
#172 (2001) Dennis Seidenberg - late bloomer, traded in 1/06 for Petr Nedved who played 49 games before being waived

If you trade a prospect too early, you rarely get good value, if you wait until you have a "logjam," you'll have extra assets that will have real value in the trade market.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
This team has real hard time scoring all year and you don't think giving up a 2nd rounder to get Kane would be a good idea?
Look at this forward core

Raffl Giourx Konecny
Kane Coots Simmer
Lindblom Patrick Voracek
Flip Laughton Weal

Flip and raffl could change spots accoridingly.

That forward core plus now a legit 6 dmen gives us the best roster we have had in years.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
This team has real hard time scoring all year and you don't think giving up a 2nd rounder to get Kane would be a good idea?
Look at this forward core

Raffl Giourx Konecny
Kane Coots Simmer
Lindblom Patrick Voracek
Flip Laughton Weal

Flip and raffl could change spots accoridingly.

That forward core plus now a legit 6 dmen gives us the best roster we have had in years.

It's fine, but what's the point? Kane doesn't make us a contender, not even close really.

If you really want him, then consider signing him in the offseason. Then you have E.Kane and still have your 2nd round pick.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
It's fine, but what's the point? Kane doesn't make us a contender, not even close really.

If you really want him, then consider signing him in the offseason. Then you have E.Kane and still have your 2nd round pick.

You can't wait for perfect conditions to win a cup. You can't wait till are your best players are at their peak. the only reason why we are not cup contenders is because you don't think we are.

Ottawa had the 6th most points of any team in the east last year. Nashville was an 8 seed last year. You can't say that, because you do not know.

Reactions: hatcher

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Ottawa was the luckiest team in the world last year. The Atlantic wasn’t a good division. They drew Boston & New York in the first two rounds. Boston was missing most of their defense. They avoided the best two teams in the conference for the first two rounds in Pittsburgh & Washington before getting the former in the third round & losing.

Nashville played in a tough division. They still had a top four of Josi, Subban, Ekholm, & Ellis which is always going to give you a chance.

The Flyers are more comparable with Ottawa which isn’t something I want to hang my hat on.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Ottawa was the luckiest team in the world last year. The Atlantic wasn’t a good division. They drew Boston & New York in the first two rounds. Boston was missing most of their defense. They avoided the best two teams in the conference for the first two rounds in Pittsburgh & Washington before getting the former in the third round & losing.

Nashville played in a tough division. They still had a top four of Josi, Subban, Ekholm, & Ellis which is always going to give you a chance.

The Flyers are more comparable with Ottawa which isn’t something I want to hang my hat on.

And our forward core blows nashville out of the water. And i have seen first hand this team step it up against pittssburgh. Hockey is the one sports where you can't look at the seeds and predict these things. And giving up a 2nd round pick to get aforward core like the one i posted is a drop in the bucket.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
And our forward core blows nashville out of the water. And i have seen first hand this team step it up against pittssburgh. Hockey is the one sports where you can't look at the seeds and predict these things. And giving up a 2nd round pick to get aforward core like the one i posted is a drop in the bucket.

We still lack depth upfront. Is Giroux, Voracek, & Couturier a better trio than they had upfront? They are but they also don’t have four thoroughbreds moving the puck for them like Nashville did. Things have changed in regards to Pittsburgh lately. They’ve had our number since Sullivan got there.

The NHL isn’t like the NBA where you can pick the finals even going into the playoffs but there’s still tiers in the quality of teams. It’s not some ultimate crapshoot you’re making it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad