Phaneuf.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Regehr > Phaneuf. I had this debate a while ago, and these playoffs just re-enforced that.

lukin10

Dec 26, 2005
so phaneuf is an elite dman better than crosby, should be a norris candidate, on a higher level than any other young dman, and so forth and so forth. but when he absolutely bombs in the playoffs the "he's a rookie" excuse comes flying through.

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
lukin10 said:
so phaneuf is an elite dman better than crosby, should be a norris candidate, on a higher level than any other young dman, and so forth and so forth. but when he absolutely bombs in the playoffs the "he's a rookie" excuse comes flying through.

Thats a Strong Comparison :sarcasm:

lukin10

Dec 26, 2005
44_bertuzzi_44 said:
Thats a Strong Comparison :sarcasm:
ya, see, this is the problem with hf people, i missed a comma. while i was describing the variety of comparisons, but naturally somebody finds this one error and of course this person has lost all meaning.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
jtuzzi said:
Regehr > Phaneuf. I had this debate a while ago, and these playoffs just re-enforced that.
Dion will probably be better at some point but just not now.Regher is very solid and doesn't make many mistakes. I've been impressed with Andrew Ferrence anytime I've seen him play.

thrashers=cup05

May 27, 2004
Hockey-Freak said:
Alexander Ovechkin, and not just on his LW position.

No he has to prove he can do it consistently

1. Jagr
2. Foresburg
3. Hossa
4. Sakic
5. Kovalchuk
6. Thorton
7. Alfredson
8. Richards
9. Selanne
10. Shannahan

Those guys get it done every year. And kovalchuk is a streatch, but he has improved his offense every year, plus im a hommer. And no those are in order

Last edited:

TimHortons

Gud Night
Jan 26, 2004
thrashers=cup05 said:
No he has to prove he can do it consistently

1. Jagr
2. Foresburg
3. Hossa
4. Sakic
5. Kovalchuk
6. Thorton
7. Alfredson
8. Richards
9. Selanne
10. Shannahan

Those guys get it done every year. And kovalchuk is a streatch, but he has improved his offense every year, plus im a hommer. And no those are in order

All I have to say is wow. How can you not consider AO ahead of those players....consistency? Are you kidding me? Have you even seen him play. He may even be top 5 in the NHL among forwards let alone the best LW in the league. Only two of those players had more points than AO and they actually had someone to pass to not named Dainius.

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
timhortons said:
All I have to say is wow. How can you not consider AO ahead of those players....consistency? Are you kidding me? Have you even seen him play. He may even be top 5 in the NHL among forwards let alone the best LW in the league. Only two of those players had more points than AO and they actually had someone to pass to not named Dainius.
How is the guy not right, he says Ovechkin has to prove it consistently, that means for more then 1 season.

Coelah

Feb 12, 2003
Visit site
Just a little more info about Phaneuf for all those gangpiling on him..he had a broken bone in his foot and a sprained knee. Helps explain why he was falling down all the time and maybe why he didn't play as well as he could have.

[Edit] Didn't see MMF's post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad